No announcement yet.

Game Warden Encounter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive had about 10 run ins with the game warden only one was pleasant. Ive had them sneak up to camp intrude on our privacy and treat us like criminals. Guilty until proven innocent. I have called them about a buck that was alive and completely broke down and dragging himself in and out of the highway. 2hrs later i drove back by he was still there. I called again the woman game warden said shell check on him later. She said she was busy. I could here the tv going in the back ground.

We were predator hunting Had him and a ride along civilian pull up on us asking what were we doing. Obviously in a high rack with a red light and fox pro blaring he was being an ***. Well I got a 250 dollar ticket for a missing mule deer tag him that i accidentally tore it off meaning to use a whitetail tag. I had the loose tag in the little holder. He started grilling me asking where was the mule head and so on. Started calling people in my phone at midnight and questioned them if i hadshot a mule deer. Anyways he got what he wanted a Ticket. I was in the army at the time and got into trouble because he called my first Sergeant that monday. Cops are good but a GW can kiss my ***.
    Last edited by DWA; 11-30-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
      I also have a lease in Lampasas and there were a few kernels of corn in the bed of my truck from filling the feeders the weekend before opener and they were sure I had been baiting in the National Forest . They went on about this for 20 minutes or more. They ended up coming through and checking the back of our trucks daily the entire time we were there. Both were huge jerks and had real authority issues. They also checked me coming out of the woods twice and insisted on going through my backpack. I gave them the Lampasas lease owners name and phone number and offered to call to prove I had been up the week before. I still had the receipt in my truck from 1500# lbs of corn purchased in Lampasas.
      I had intended on going over to the San Houston NF a few weeks ago, and at midnight I remembered that I had spilled some corn in the bed of my truck while filling the feeder at the house. I COULD have stopped on the way over the next morning and cleaned it out, but with my luck I would have missed a few kernels in the daze of half sleep so I just skipped the trip altogether it ain’t worth worrying about it...they have a job to do, and unfortunately their indeed are some morons who bait in the National Forest, so I don’t blame them for being extra attentive. I’d rather cover my bases and not have to deal with it

Comment

I've only had one encounter with a GW that wasn't pleasant. He was a young, power hungry POS.

All others have been great.

Comment

Had one duck hunting this weekend also. Nothing but positive

Comment

I've had quite a few encounters, some really good ones, mostly good ones, and a couple bad ones. They're individuals just like everyone else and there's always gonna be an ******* in the bunch even if the bulk are good people. Because of those couple bad experiences I'm pretty standoffish now and don't really trust any of them anymore which is a shame because I really used to enjoy BSing in camp for an hour and such with the good ones. Now I just answer direct questions and get it over as quickly as possible.
            edit: I've never gotten a ticket, but they sure did try to dig up something.
            Last edited by justletmein; 11-30-2020, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Most my experiences have been good. I just don’t like being jacked with.

Comment

Been checked many times. Its even turned into a couple close friendships over the years. Never had an issue. Do what you are suppose to do... be respectful and I bet it will all be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                  I've only had one encounter with a GW that wasn't pleasant. He was a young, power hungry POS.
                  Same, but it was multiple encounters with a singular warden with similar attributes.

Comment

Glad they were nice and polite
                    I was pulled over by the game warden while driving to move a track hoe , no gun or fishing rod
                    And was wearing a camouflage jacket and hat , both GW’s insisted I show them my license
                    I declined and stated I wasn’t hunting and they could see my DL , they both insisted I needed a hunting license while wearing camouflage, they searched my truck found no guns
                    But still insisted I produce a hunting license, after much discussion the senior warden finally gave me back my drivers license and said they would be back and to inform our hunters
                    To carry their license ( this is on a private property road)
                    Really left a bitter feeling

Comment

In my experince they have either been great or pure *****H@LE$

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                        Glad they were nice and polite
                        I was pulled over by the game warden while driving to move a track hoe , no gun or fishing rod
                        And was wearing a camouflage jacket and hat , both GW’s insisted I show them my license
                        I declined and stated I wasn’t hunting and they could see my DL , they both insisted I needed a hunting license while wearing camouflage, they searched my truck found no guns
                        But still insisted I produce a hunting license, after much discussion the senior warden finally gave me back my drivers license and said they would be back and to inform our hunters
                        To carry their license ( this is on a private property road)
                        Really left a bitter feeling
                        They would run out of ticket books in the small town walmarts of LA and Arkansas everyone wheres camo when its cold lol

Comment

They're looking for any illegal activity and drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                            they both insisted I needed a hunting license while wearing camouflage,
                            Are you serious? This is the kind of thing that makes the whole "just be polite and cooperative and everything will be fine" attitude so hard to follow. It's one thing to be stopped and answer a few reasonable questions but when they throw out this kind of BS, it quickly turns into an antagonistic scenario.
                            You should have told them to take their rear ends to the Wal Mart parking lot and start passing out tickets then.

Comment

Originally posted by etbowhunter View Post
                              Are you serious? This is the kind of thing that makes the whole "just be polite and cooperative and everything will be fine" attitude so hard to follow. It's one thing to be stopped and answer a few reasonable questions but when they throw out this kind of BS, it quickly turns into an antagonistic scenario.
                              You should have told them to take their rear ends to the Wal Mart parking lot and start passing out tickets then.
                              Funny how quickly they get ticked when you verbally laugh at them. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
                                Ive had about 10 run ins with the game warden only one was pleasant. Ive had them sneak up to camp intrude on our privacy and treat us like criminals. Guilty until proven innocent. I have called them about a buck that was alive and completely broke down and dragging himself in and out of the highway. 2hrs later i drove back by he was still there. I called again the woman game warden said shell check on him later. She said she was busy. I could here the tv going in the back ground.

We were predator hunting Had him and a ride along civilian pull up on us asking what were we doing. Obviously in a high rack with a red light and fox pro blaring he was being an ***. Well I got a 250 dollar ticket for a missing mule deer tag him that i accidentally tore it off meaning to use a whitetail tag. I had the loose tag in the little holder. He started grilling me asking where was the mule head and so on. Started calling people in my phone at midnight and questioned them if i hadshot a mule deer. Anyways he got what he wanted a Ticket. I was in the army at the time and got into trouble because he called my first Sergeant that monday. Cops are good but a GW can kiss my ***.

Guaranteed there more this this story!!! What was his/ her name and what county. There are some GW on hear that can get the other side of the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X