Another Buck Down Delta Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Buck Down Delta Co.

Well as crazy as the 2020 year has been for me, as long with everyone else, it's been a good kind of crazy hunting season for me so far! Opening weekend of archery I was able to shoot a doe with my new obsession and get some meat in the freezer. Missed a really nice buck a couple weekends later (ended up being shot by a great friend and scoring 140"), along with being face to face with a buck at 30 yards with no gun/bow while I brush in a blind. Luckily this same buck came back in and I took him with my bow. Now that I was tagged out in Hopkins Co I have a college buddy with some land in Delta Co that's 75% plowed field with a creek and some timber running through the property. I put up a feeder and a camera and caught a glimpse of a decent looking buck. Saturday afternoon my best half and I decided to take our son and drop him off at his grand-dad's and go share some time afield. I told her we could go to this spot and very likely not see a deer or go to the farm and see a lot and maybe take a doe, she says "let's give the new place a shot!" We throw up a couple walmart fold-out chairs we just bought under a cedar tree and watch the edge of the field and feeder. We had just finished up discussing whether we should move to the farm or hold put when two does enter the field. We watch them and right before I get ready to squeeze off on one we decide to just hold put a second. I had sprayed a ton of estrous just for the heck of it and it was headed directly where they came out of. Just as I come out of the scope I catch the glimpse of a huge body entering the field. I grab the binos and within 2 seconds I knew he was a shooter. He runs over to tend to the does and gives me a perfect broadside shot at 225 yards when I drop the hammer. I'm no crack-shot with a rifle but when we both heard that thump and saw him barrel off we knew he was smoked. Now the fun part! I've been trying to get the miss' out in the stand with me more and more and dreamed of being able to share a moment like this together. Shooting the buck was great, but being able to share the moment, the excitement, the adrenaline, etc with my best friend made it so much more special. Let's just say she is absolutely hooked! He scored 135" with a 21" inside spread. The crazy part on this deer was the neck which we taped just behind the ears at 21"!!!!
    Attached Files

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome story! Congrats! Love that rack!

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats again man! Awesome buck

Comment

Great buck, great writeup, and awesome photos

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Really nice. Congratulations!