No announcement yet.

Coleman or Rocksprings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve hunted both and love both however you don’t have to worry illegals breaking into your place or crossing your place in Coleman.

Comment

A close friend of mine had a 100 acre place in Rocksprings for several years. They rarely saw a forked antler white tail- even on a trail am. It had some axis and sika does from time to time. I hunted with them several times and it was poor at best.. A neighbor of mine that had a similar experience on their 50 acre place. Do your homework. Not being a Debbie downer- but there are some real duds in that country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
        I have a small place off 377 right outside RS. Any given day I'll have 20-30 axis, several blackbuck and several whitetail bucks.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

just curious are you east or west of rocksprings?

Comment

Rocksprings all day. Just don't buy in a subdivision that has hundreds of tracts that are all 50-100 acres...you'll end up like basschump's buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
            just curious are you east or west of rocksprings?
            I'm just due north by about 2mi off 377. You can almost throw a rock and hit the feedstore from my gate.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Coleman all day for me. More things to do besides just hunt

Comment

Water. Make sure there is water.

Comment

Rocksprings forsure if the drive isn’t horrible. The whitetail in Coleman might be a little bigger but that’s only if you got a real mature buck. Land strictly for hunting RS all the way

Comment

Coleman has good deer with a lot of potential. We are seeing more and more exotics.

Comment

I'd rather be in Edwards County rolling live oak country, than Coleman co - if drive time made sense.
                      Leasing is a different story, but I wouldn't want to own a place more than 2 hours from my house.

As others said - avoid those ranch subdivisions. Find an area you like, identify large ranches, and try to find neighboring property to buy.

Anthrax can be a big issue, but i think those places recover quickly. I saw significantly less deer driving through Edwards Co in 2019, than i did in 2018.

Comment

I've never been to Coleman but can tell you that we really enjoy our place in Rocksprings. Another plus to having the exotics is being able to hunt year round. Last week my family evacuated to our ranch. My son and nephew hunted axis the entire time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris86 View Post
                          The land in Coleman will hold its value better if you decide to sell later on. It is also better land and will receive more rainfall.
                          my 100 acres in Edwards county has doubled in value since 2014

Comment

Either place has the potential to be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                              I would take Coleman, but I like to bird hunt. In fact ,I have my place for sale in San Saba & will be looking in Coleman to get my next place. The only thing RS will have over Coleman is exotics.
                              Where and what are you selling in San Saba ?

Comment

Working...
                              X