Bow Fishing Lake Sam Rayburn, B.T. Outdoors VIDEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Fishing Lake Sam Rayburn, B.T. Outdoors VIDEO

So we had this crazy idea to try bowfishing. We always wanted to but didn't want to put in the investment in gear just to see how we liked it. Enter B. T. Outdoors. For a very reasonable fee he would take you out on Lake Sam Rayburn, supply the gear, boat, know-how and patience to try your hand at this crazy sport. He gives you lessons, and time to make sure you have it down and are comfortable.

On our trip, the lake was very muddy. If the fish wasn't in the top 8 inches of water you probably wouldn't even see it. Even so Brian worked his tail off finding fish for us. We shot at a lot of fish. We even managed to hit some. I can't wait to try again. It was a blast!

Here is a video of our trip.

Some big ol longnose. Looks like he did a great job. Thanks for sharing

Comment

We did manage one small alligator gar. But most were fat longnose.

I found out that gar fillets will curl up into a knot when you fry them. Our solution was to run the meat through a grinder. We spiced it up and made patties. DERN that stuff was GOOD!

Comment

I forgot to mention that the day before our trip I broke my big toe. It seems that dropping a 4X8 foot sheet of plywood edgewise on your foot from over your head is not very comfortable. I bruised three toes and broke my big toe. They turned all sorts of colors I didn't even know the human body could produce.

But NO WAY I was gonna miss out on my first bowfishing experience. I taped them together. Put on some steel toed boots. (Yes, that would have been very handy if I had been wearing them the day before. Chugged some Tylenol and hobbled my way to the boat.

By the end of the night I was really hurting but I had so much fun I didn't care.

Comment

Thanks for sharing! The water has cleared up alot. We were there this weekend and seen some huge gar

Comment

I see him launching at Cassels Boykin nearly every afternoon I am up there right before dark. There is also a similar colored air boat I can hear running the lake at night. Glad yall had a good time. There are some monster Alligator gar up on Sam Rayburn

Comment

i went about 8 year back and the water was so Beautiful and clear, i couldn't Believe it. I could see the tip of my pole about 6 ft deep. Ive been back 2 or 3 times over the years and the water was nothing like i remembered.

Comment

Looks like fun! I need to try it sometime!

Comment

Are the longnose backstraps just as good as alligator gar backstraps?

Comment

Working...
                  X