Spring Creek White Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Creek White Bass

I just moved to the Magnolia area, but have always heard about folks catching whites in Spring Creek/Cypress Creek. Any suggestions on where to launch the kayaks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also interested

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

If youre on fb, there is a group for it that is active.

Comment

Years back, I used to do pretty good on the white bass on Stubblefield, just paddle up river till you find them.

As far as Spring Creek, might try launching at Riley Fuzzle.
        It's been a long time, since I paddled there. But that used to be the only place to launch till Jesse Jones park (and it was a long walk to the launch).

It's been probably 15+ years so all this might have changed.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Pct.4 makes you file a float plan with the them 24hr. prior to your float. I usually float Cypress Creek from Treaschwig to Cypresswood by the horse stables. It's a beautiful float if you catch it at the right water level. If not there's beucoup dragging to do. Check Pct.4's website you'll find the info you need.

Comment

Jesse Jones has a new launch you can drive right up to and park specifically for kayaks. Has a concrete side tunnel walls to block the waves so its always glass when you get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              Jesse Jones has a new launch you can drive right up to and park specifically for kayaks. Has a concrete side tunnel walls to block the waves so its always glass when you get in.
              That's great
              We used to paddle from Riley Fuzzle to San Jac into Hwy 59.
              There was nothing out there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Talked to a buddy of mine he said they fished spring creek near 1960. Yes that may be a broad area but even a good friend doesn’t give me his exact fishing spot. Said they used spoons and rooster tails (green color). Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X