Lumber prices are falling fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pony1971 View Post
    Last year the census showed 15 million+ new residents moving to Texas. And not to start a war, but that is documented residents.
    Where did you get those numbers? Fake news? I'd find a new source.

Comment

You will start to see most prices drop as the fed looks to raise rates and cool down the economy a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        You will start to see most prices drop as the fed looks to raise rates and cool down the economy a bit.

They said yesterday they still aren’t expecting a rate hike until 2023.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Might watch what the TLT 20 yr is doing.

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          They said yesterday they still aren’t expecting a rate hike until 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
            Now we need copper wire prices to fall. [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]
            Copper base last Wed. $4.53 this morning $4.17
            of course it could close this afternoon at $4.60

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
              Might watch what the TLT 20 yr is doing.
              Yes the market reacted to what the Fed said in a not believing them manner. You referenced the Fed so I figured I would let people, who dont follow such things closely, know what the Fed said about the rate hikes. I listened to the "experts" debate this back and forth all day yesterday. Some siding with the Fed and others with the Market. In the end none of us know.

Comment

If we did, we all would be millionaires!

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Yes the market reacted to what the Fed said in a not believing them manner. You referenced the Fed so I figured I would let people, who dont follow such things closely, know what the Fed said about the rate hikes. I listened to the "experts" debate this back and forth all day yesterday. Some siding with the Fed and others with the Market. In the end none of us know.

Comment

Lumber is down 10% on this week alone.

Corn is down 25%! Soybeans 15%. Lean hogs and cattle are the only 2 commodities that are up this week.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                    Not around Austin it hasn't. They can't build houses fast enough around here.
                    Yep I am a Real Estate Appraiser in the Austin area. Was just out at a subdivision in Georgetown called Riverview. Must be 60 homes under construction out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                      Lumber prices killed new home construction, so prices are falling due to decreased demand. The market wins again!

Comment

Originally posted by Split_Brow View Post
                        this was Monday at Lowe's. Highest I've seen them
                        at least you get a free ski when you buy the bundle.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          Lumber prices killed new home construction, so prices are falling due to decreased demand. The market wins again!
                          Did CNN tell you that? You are misinformed

Comment

Around me the homes keep being built along with barns and pools! Heard a neighbor was 40k over budget on their build in wood alone. Not sure how that works with construction loans but hope they have deep pockets.

Comment

Home Depot- standard 2x4x8 dropped from $8.25 to $6.98. It's a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Home Depot- standard 2x4x8 dropped from $8.25 to $6.98. It's a start.
                                Thankfully headed in the right direction. We have postponed our home build because of prices. We are ready to start when lumber and materials prices retract some. I fear that there are enough people that have postponed projects that as soon as materials come down, demand will spike again, and in turn increase prices. It’s a mess regardless

Comment

Working...
                                X