Foam for gun case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foam for gun case

I found a nice heavy duty small suitcase/ sales sample case at goodwill.
    Anyone know a good place to buy the foam for a diy guncase?
    This case will handle all 6 of my rimfire pistols.

If you find a place, post up where you found it at. I have been looking for some, for a while

There is a company, I have bought quite a few high end suspension parts for one of my cars, from. That company packs all of the parts they ship, with some very nice, high density black foam rubber, that has a sticky side on one side. They are pretty generous with the foam rubber and I have ordered a lot of parts from them, for my car. The first time I saw that foam rubber packed in the boxes I got from them, I kept the stuff, since the side with the glue, still had the paper on it. So I could peal the paper off and stick the foam rubber to whatever I chose.

So my first project for my TIG was, I had a good bit of 1/8" 6061 T6 aluminum. So I built a gun case for my T/C Contender carbine. Then lined both sides of the case, with that foam rubber, that came packed in with my car parts. So I have a very durable gun case, that I can toss where ever. I made it to carry my Contender carbine, in my car or truck and not bang it around, knock the scope off sight or scratch the gun. Where we used to live, the house was 1/2 mile from the road, often going to work or coming home from work, I would see coyotes or big bucks in the pasture, depending on the time of year. More often than not, coyotes. I figured the 30-30 Contender, with it's small size, then plenty powerful and fairly flat shooting out to 300 yards, it was the perfect truck or car gun, to have with me, for the times I was going to or from the front gate.

I have been wanting to make another case or two, using the same foam rubber. That first case I made, is very strong and durable. I want to make one, that I can bolt into the truck, under the seat, to carry the Contender in. That would be a lot faster to get it out, if I ever needed it.

The company I ordered all of those parts from, would probably think I was goofy, if I called and ordered some of their foam rubber packing. I sure would like to have a bunch of that stuff, it's good stuff.

Comment

Comment

Check Ebay

Comment

I use Amazon

Comment

Call Omni Case here in Houston. They may cut you some foam to fit the case, then you can make it what you want. If you don't want them to just do the full custom fit for you.

Custom hard shell cases by pelican, skb, flambeau, hafer, storm & hardigg and PFC (Plastic Forming Company) with custom-fitted foam case inserts and interiors protect valuable and sensitive case contents from jarring, static, weather, flight pressurization, and many other elements.

Comment

Originally posted by k-k View Post
              I found a nice heavy duty small suitcase/ sales sample case at goodwill.
              Anyone know a good place to buy the foam for a diy guncase?
              This case will handle all 6 of my rimfire pistols.
              I actually have two pieces that are around 36”x 11” and 3/4” thick at the most. For free.

Comment

Working...
              X