Just applied for brazos bend sp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just applied for brazos bend sp.

Kind of excited, but ive never applied for public draws before. I don't know what to expect, but its the thrill of trying that has me going! I havent hunted since 2010, And finally getting the urge to do it again.

Well bud, hate to be a debbie downer, but with the new points system its going to be tough. But who knows, there is still a chance! I'm in as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck in the draw

Comment

Good luck. If you don't get drawn there's always public land. Just get out there one way or another. Don't let the urge to get back out there go unanswered. Welcome back.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck. I’ve applied for 8-9 years now and never been picked.

Comment

Good luck and keep making your yearly donations until you get some more substantial points collected. I won last season and now I am down to 1 point.

Comment

I went ahead and applied for the antlerless permit for the sam too. Ive got to get out somehow!

Comment

You never know. I started putting in 2016. Got drawn last year and this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you’re a Bowhunter I think you can kill does in the sam during archery season. I also applied for Brazos Bend myself, third or fourth year I’ve done so. Grew up just down the road from there. Seems like they shoot some really nice deer there every year, I know they’re out there.

Comment

A lot of folks pass up applying for areas with low success rates. These can be easier to draw, but you will lose any preference points. Not a big deal if this is your first year.

On past hunts I have drawn, there were always a few folks that had shot opportunities but passed, shot and missed, or shot and didn't recover. Also hunters that just sat on a stool 50 yards from the road...

Those 10-20% success rates aren't always telling the whole story.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                      Well bud, hate to be a debbie downer, but with the new points system its going to be tough. But who knows, there is still a chance! I'm in as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                      Somebody has to win, why not you?

Comment

Not picked this year. Will keep trying

Comment

Keep at it. I was a no go on all my apps this year. Two left to hope for.

Comment

Working...
                          X