Sniper Hog Lighting DFW area pigs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got another north wind opportunity out of my favorite set here locally and decided to take advantage of it. It's been really good to me here lately and those north winds are going to be less and less here pretty soon. Was hoping to get on a very large boar we call big Nappy and that sucker came in, but something boogered him up. My blind is air tight and the windows were closed....plus the wind was into the my face of my blind. I was letting him settle and he just ran off to my other feeder. son of a !

My big groups have not been showing up till late the last week and I was prepared to sit and wait them out. About 30 minutes after dark, my backside decided I needed to start putting everything up after a 4 hour sit... I had an early morning Thursday and was ready to get home. I opened all the windows and had put up everything but my bow and my video camera. I was in the process of putting my backup arrow back in my quiver and here come the pigs. I was like..I guess we are going to do this. Cranked up the camera and then grabbed the bow. I bumped the Sniper hog light on them a few times and while they grunted they did not leave. That's always a good sign. I put the high beam Sniper red light on them and drew making sure to aim for the deadly V. I waited for the medium sized boar to get right (no sows or piglets remember) and let the Grim Reaper Micro Hybrid fly. Shot looked really good but I did a horrible job of following the pigs with my light after that for the video. Out of practice at night I guess. Anyway the arrow was covered in blood and I started the track. Unlike my past three pigs, this one went into the nastiest brush we have on the place full of briars and the blood trail started out weak with very tiny spots. Luckily the Sniper KAP40 headlight lights up the ground well and I could see what little was there. No way could I have done that with my standard lights. The high humidity had dew on all the green grass and the constant fog on my glasses didn't help either. I managed to get in the brush about 60 yards and it was alive with pigs. I'll be honest. It got me kinda spooked even though I had my pistol with me. Pitch dark, by myself in brush, briars grabbing my clothes as I walked though it bent over is not a great place to be. Knowing I had several big sows with piglets and two big boars in that group, it was a bit unnerving. They were in front of me and on my sides...fatboy felt surrounded. . At about 75-80 yards into the crap, I decided that I had had about enough of the briars and low brush. The blood was faint and the live pigs had me thinking it might be better coming back tomorrow. I said to myself...I'm walking forward 20-30 more yards and not even looking for blood and if I don't see my pig, I'm coming back tomorrow. The brush opened up in a small hole about another 15 yards in and there was my pig...laying dead. Another victim to the deadly V shot. The blood was heavy in the opening.( of course) I guess as nappy as this pig was he absorbed most of it. You can see how much he retained in his coat in the pics. The Grim Reaper Micro Hybrid did him dirty! That's animal #4 from this broadhead after multiple re-sharpenings. Dead pig and a good way to end a long day.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJRLUEghIro"]Sniper Hog Lighting DFW area pigs 5-5-21 - YouTube[/ame]

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4358.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	25247875

Entrance

Name:	IMG_4352a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	25247873

Exit

Name:	IMG_4356.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	25247874
    Last edited by Smart; 05-06-2021, 01:32 PM.

Nice shootin Smart !

Comment

Very nice!!!! Congrats!!

Comment

Nice job, Buddy. Perfect shot!!!
        I love seeing that perfect flight of the arrow!!!!

Comment

Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice work !! Stomping around in the dark with pigs close by definitely increases the pucker factor.......

Comment

Good shot!Congrats

Comment

Great shot.

Comment

Heck yeah! Good job.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks fellas. It’s getting to be a fun addiction [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                      Nice work !! Stomping around in the dark with pigs close by definitely increases the pucker factor.......

That’s a good description. I’m not the most agile 51 year old anyway.. [emoji23]. If needed I can jump around like a spider monkey hooked up on Mountain Dew for a short period though . [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        That’s a good description. I’m not the most agile 51 year old anyway.. [emoji23]. If needed I can jump around like a spider monkey hooked up on Mountain Dew for a short period though . [emoji41]
                        I’ve seen your moves. All of them ended up with you on the ground.

Great shooting Smart. You’re getting the hang of this video pig killa stuff.

Don’t let up.

Comment

He gone! Good shooting!

Comment

Very nice, great video

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice shooting

Comment

Working...
                              X