WT on MD form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WT on MD form?

I know this, he doesn't look right. He was dropped off with a bunch of MD too. Thinking taxi ordered wrong form.

His eyes are bugging out and sure look like MD.

Does not look like this in feild pics.

Thoughts?
    Attached Files

Feild pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Of course he doesn’t look right, he’s obviously looking to his left.

Seriously though, doesn’t look bad at all. Anyone who walks up to it and over analyzes what ever flaws you may see needs a life.

Comment

Looks good to me.

Comment

The deer you killed was an old buck, the taxidermist, gave him a makeover to make him look younger.

Was definitely a big bodied old buck. I am not sure if the taxidermist, did not fill in the nose as much as he should, and or the eyes are too far out. The nose may be a bit long, the eyes are definitely bulged out, the more I look at it. I think the taxidermist should have filled in the whole head a bit more, on top, sides below the eyes. Not a lot more but some, then set the eyes back in deeper. The eyes were definitely much closer to flush, with the surrounding flesh.

I have noticed taxidermists each have their own style, often deer they do, don't come out anything like the deer that was killed.

Comment

Eyes are wonky & he butchered his ears. I’d find a new taxidermist.

Comment

First pic reminds me of the creature on Ice Age lol

Comment

That's not a MD form. It's just a really crappy mount.

Comment

Wt form, poor taxidermy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post

I agree with Chance. Not good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Whitetail might not be his specialty. If he has one at all. Sorry for your misfortune OP. I’d be on the hunt for a new cape and taxidermist.

Comment

I agree looks terrible. They all did. I usually use Flagg Group or The The Outpost. This was about convenience at the time. Dropped off 9 bucks in 3 weeks.

Most of my clients took them last week and are happy enough. One guy knew right away. His is at Outpost getting redone. Mine is next for complete redo.

Another issue is they stunk horribly. After a few calls and questions he doesn't tan the hide. He uses a MacKenzie wash..

Comment

If you’ve got other mounts in the house you might want to get it out soon. Very possible there’s gonna be bugs in the near future. I hate when guys like this pull this crap. Makes the rest of us look bad

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                            If you’ve got other mounts in the house you might want to get it out soon. Very possible there’s gonna be bugs in the near future. I hate when guys like this pull this crap. Makes the rest of us look bad
                            Good to know! Pulling him down tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                              Sometimes I think we share a brain ... those were my exact words.

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                              Whitetail might not be his specialty. If he has one at all. Sorry for your misfortune OP. I’d be on the hunt for a new cape and taxidermist.
                              You spell taxidermy T A X I D E R M Y, not W H I T E T A I L.
                              Last edited by Texastaxi; 03-23-2022, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X