First Fishing Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Fishing Boat

It's time for our first fishing boat and I've never owned one. We'll use it for freshwater fishing in TX lakes. Primarily bass, catffish, crappie. I'd like to get into fairly shallow water (no v-hull).

It'll be me and two kids mostly, but it needs to hold up to 4 people. It does NOT need to be fast.

Reliability is #1 for me so I don't really want an old boat, nor do I have time to fix one up. I'd prefer new or almost new. Just a generic get-around fishing boat.

I'd like to keep it around $30-35k with decent electronics. I know that means a cheap boat.

Aluminum hull may be best as we could end up in places with underwater obstacles.

Thoughts????

bump

Comment

I like my 18' Xpress with a 90hp 4 stroke Yamaha. I stole it out of the classified here about 3 years ago.

Comment

I think if you take your time and look around you can find a newer used boat, or even an older used boat in excellent shape and it will be easily within your numbers. Don't turn you nose up at an older boat. They are dang reliable these days. I think right now my favorite boat of all time was my 2007 Skeeter ZX190. I added a trolling motor and electronics, and it was a blast to fish from. And it was completely reliable. It would run 55 with two big fat guys in it. I needed (wanted) bigger and faster boat so I sold it and bought a bigger and faster boat.

Comment

Second up for an Xpress boat.

Check out the H20B MSRP $31,395

Bay boats built on the foundation of our Hyper-Lift Hull, this dream craft packs performance, fishability, and comfort into one amazing cost effective boat.

Another boat to consider is the G3 Bay 20GX

The Bay 20 GX Bay boat by G3 Boats is one with unexpected features from a lean post, side storage and two fish seats to start.

Both boats are all-welded aluminum. Most bay boats have a shallow draft and can run in 10 to 14 inches of water.

Comment

You should look at the Epic 22SC. Probably be able to get a 2015 or 2016 wirh T top and decent electronics in your price range.

Used doesn't matter so long as hull is in great shape, low hours on motor, and compression is good.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a tracker in the classifieds now that would fit what you want. I am not a fan of trackers but that's just me, a lot of folks like them. It seems to be a fair price for it.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                There is a tracker in the classifieds now that would fit what you want. I am not a fan of trackers but that's just me, a lot of folks like them. It seems to be a fair price for it.
                Thanks everybody. That tracker in the classifieds has my eye at that price. My boys fish their brains out from the shore and if this first boat gets used extensively we'll probably upgrade in a couple years anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  I like my 18' Xpress with a 90hp 4 stroke Yamaha. I stole it out of the classified here about 3 years ago.
                  I have regretted dragging my feet and missing that deal no less than 10 times

Comment

Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
                    It's time for our first fishing boat and I've never owned one. We'll use it for freshwater fishing in TX lakes. Primarily bass, catffish, crappie. I'd like to get into fairly shallow water (no v-hull).

It'll be me and two kids mostly, but it needs to hold up to 4 people. It does NOT need to be fast.

Reliability is #1 for me so I don't really want an old boat, nor do I have time to fix one up. I'd prefer new or almost new. Just a generic get-around fishing boat.

I'd like to keep it around $30-35k with decent electronics. I know that means a cheap boat.

Aluminum hull may be best as we could end up in places with underwater obstacles.

Thoughts????

Check out the Texas Fishing Forum there is a nice nautic star CC for sale right now and every now and then a good deal will pop up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Find a used seaark..

Comment

Its still a weird time to buy a boat due to the supply chain. Getting a little better but you are not going to find a deal on a new boat. They reality though is most people dont use a boat much. So, low hours used boats are available. They almost always need new batteries. Buying a new boat is easy though because they will work out the financing and any you can finance for a long time. $35k price wont be that much a month. I've caught so many fish out of a tracker that I dont worry about the brand for the fishing I do.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                            I have regretted dragging my feet and missing that deal no less than 10 times
                            You didn't have to drag them long. I think I PM'd the guy within the first few minutes of it being posted.

Comment

I have one listed but may not be exactly what you are looking for. it does have really good electronics, trolling motor, one year old tires and less than a year old batteries. Very reliable and not many hours for an older boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X