Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Work Commute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work Commute

Really considering moving further from work. Right now its about 30-45 minutes to my office. I run around alot in the DFW area. I am really considering moving closer to the lake. My wife wants to in a bad way. Just a up and move away from where we have been our whole lives. Something new and to be close to the lake for fishing activities but better schools and further away from city life. However my work drive would increase to about an hour min drive to the office. My hours are not horrible and I am pretty flexible on my time. Anyone done something similar and regretted it?

When I used to live at my property in Hillister I would commute an hour everyday. Hardly hit traffic though until I got closer to town. It wasn't to bad for me

Comment

We did just this and moved to Northlake before we have kid. We moved back closer to our jobs as it was killing us driving 1-2 hours each way, hardly any family time. Determined moving to lake will be retirement plan.

Comment

If you are already doing 45 whats another 15?

Comment

I had a 45 min drive to work for a couple years.. I hated it and live 15 min away now .. that's another hour with the kids or to be able to sleep a day.. getting off at 5 am and driving an hour home is killer.

Comment

I commute 110 miles one way everyday. Been doing it for several years so I guess it’s just normal now.

Comment

I commute Lubbock to Midland most days of the week. My time is pretty flexible as well, and they couldn’t pay me enough to move back to Midland again.

Comment

In my mind there is a difference between a hour drive on the open highway, and an hour in traffic. If I could do it and not have traffic, I would in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  In my mind there is a difference between a hour drive on the open highway, and an hour in traffic. If I could do it and not have traffic, I would in a heartbeat.
                  Yes an hour in traffic is not fun!

Comment

Yea guess I should have specified. My office is in Mesquite and we are looking at moving to Mildred down by Richland Chambers lake. I live in Palmer now. The drive times depend on gas station stops or traffic in Mesquite. I am leaning toward moving but just never been that far away from friends and family (all in palmer area) but guess we could make new friends and family ha.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                      Yea guess I should have specified. My office is in Mesquite and we are looking at moving to Mildred down by Richland Chambers lake. I live in Palmer now. The drive times depend on gas station stops or traffic in Mesquite. I am leaning toward moving but just never been that far away from friends and family (all in palmer area) but guess we could make new friends and family ha.
                      Got a ticket in speed trap known as Palmer.......yes, move!!! [emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like my 45 minute drive . Gives me time to unwind after work ,

Comment

Where is the better school district?

Comment

I currently drive 40 min in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. I am moving next month out to my 13 acres and will have a 75 mile drive each way. I have done it a few times already and it's not bad. I will sacrifice a little to live where I want and to be out of the city.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 20 minute commute and told my wife I'd be ok with a 45 minute commute one way...

Wife then said that's nearly 8 hours a week away from family. So I don't really want to move further away.

Comment

Working...
                              X