Rotator Cuff Surgery Elk hut in 17 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
    Focus on dropping inflammation will help.

Suggest a cut back on sodium, caffeine, and inflammatory foods. Works for me.
    Solid advice
    Inflammation is part of the body’s natural immune response to things like infections, and you wouldn’t be able to heal without it. But inflammation can also cause pain and play a major role in diseases like arthritis, heart disease, asthma, diabetes, and even cancer.

My wife has to balance her diet after spinal surgery and it helps

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
      I tore my rotator cuff in September of last year. Went on prednisone to finish my October bowhunt and after I got off it, if I tried to draw my bow it felt like it was gonna rip off. Arm hurt all the time.

Didn’t want to have the surgery so I layed off of it, stayed out of the gym and didn’t shoot my compound bow whatsoever ever. Was really particular on how I slept and kept it bent at a 45 degree angle on a pillow across my chest.

March I went back to the gym. April I was shooting my compound again. I would say I’m 85% back to normal now.

Everyone I talked to, including the doctor, said that surgery is a last ditch effort
      i had an accident and completely severed the tendon. i had to have surgery

Comment

Since you already had it done I recommend doing lots of therapy at home as well as going to PT

Google shoulder therapy pulleys, and get you some for stretching and getting your range of motion back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Since you already had it done I recommend doing lots of therapy at home as well as going to PT

Google shoulder therapy pulleys, and get you some for stretching and getting your range of motion back.

I don’t remember starting with pulley pulls week one after surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            I don’t remember starting with pulley pulls week one after surgery.

I did.
            They actually sent me home with one that attaches to the door. I started pt 2 days after surgery. Light stretching the first couple days then started pulleys and stretch bands after that.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by rolylane6; 05-20-2022, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Just rub some vagisil on it daily.....wait as long as you can to start practicing

Comment

It varies for everyone. I had surgery in April of 2020. Had bone spur removed, a partial and a full tear fixed in my left shoulder. I was release on full 3 months later. I shoot right handed and could draw the bow with no problem but the release was killer. The energy release on the shot would instantly tell me my shoulder wasn't completely healed. Healed enough to work but not enough for strenuous activities. April of last year tried to split wood for the first time with a maul and same thing with pain in the shoulder. Now this year I believe that shoulder is stronger than it has been in a very long time. I can shoot bows, and split firewood with a maul now no problems. I have been told it was the removal of the big bone spur that was still causing the pain issues and just took longer to fully heal then the rest of the surgery. This was just my experience and I hope you can rock it going after the elk this fall. Good luck with the shoulder, do your pt like you're suppose to, and give those elk fits this fall. Also make sure to tell your physical therapist you shoot bows and they will work in exercises to mimic shooting a bow for your recovery.

Comment

This is your best option

Originally posted by bowhuntvideo View Post
                  Reschedule for 23.

Don’t screw up a good elk hunt by being less than 100%

Comment

The Truth!!

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                    Wait until that first time you try and raise your hand above your head.
                    Dang it hurt

Comment

Be careful when you go to PT.
                      On my second trip, one week after surgery, they started working and moving my arm. I broke out into a hot sweat, started seeing stars, pupils dialated, then got up to leave and walked straight into a glass wall…… doh!

Comment

You dont need to be 100%.. Just gotta be able to get it back once lol

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                          Solid advice
                          Inflammation is part of the body’s natural immune response to things like infections, and you wouldn’t be able to heal without it. But inflammation can also cause pain and play a major role in diseases like arthritis, heart disease, asthma, diabetes, and even cancer.

My wife has to balance her diet after spinal surgery and it helps
                          thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                            Dang it hurt
                            i am not looking forward to that

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                              Dang it hurt
                              Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                              You dont need to be 100%.. Just gotta be able to get it back once lol
                              great point

Comment

all i can add is I had both Knees total replaced.....My Doc said 50% is Surgeon and 50% PT.. Take it easy on pain pills they will Plug You UP...I did one in March and one in May..and was in my opinion 99% in 6 to 8 weeks each...Was not that bad ...Hope and Pray yours will be similar.....

Comment

Working...
                                X