It is HELL getting OLD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draco View Post
    I feel sorry for a lot of you guys. I retired at 50 after 28 years of climbing poles and running a welding business on the side for the last 20 of those years. I'm 72 and seem to be in perfect health. In the last 2 years I've built a 40x75 metal building by myself, a 12x15 pump house, a trailer and am having to finish my house after problems with the builder.

I think I owe it all to a woman customer that gave me a book called Yoga for Men when I was 50 and complaining about my knees hurting all the time. I started doing a 5 minute routine every morning and every evening and it made a huge difference in how I felt, my knees as well as the rest of me. I'm still doing the yoga and still feel great at 5' 10" and 185#.
    Good for you. I bet the optimum weight along with the yoga does do wonders. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      Breaking TBH tradition this DOES happen WITHOUT pictures.
      ^^PLEASE no pics!^^

Comment

I turn 71 on May 3rd. Have all my original parts minus one wisdom tooth. And part of my hair. I figure it is because I avoid doctors and health food. I take no maintenance drugs, avoid the gym, and work my fanny off. I retired 4 years ago, now I don't see how I ever had time to work. I truly feel blessed.

Comment

I can relate......

At 62, neck, back(upper and lower), knees, hands, feet, colon, allergies etc.

Comment

[QUOTE=geezer56;16199245]I avoid doctors and health food. I take no maintenance drugs, avoid the gym, and work my fanny off.

Amen Brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
              Yes, to the OP statement. Going to be 82 in July. Still can do things I did 20 years back, but first I think about it, plan how to do it, then it take 2-3 days to complete it. But life is good and I thank God every day for keeping me for that day.
              Good on ya, Oleman! I think you may be the senior man on TBH. Congratulations and keep kicking it!

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Oct 19th, 1989 I had my first heart attack. I was only 43 at the time. 3 more since then. Last one was 2013. Two stints and medicine every day for the rest of my life. Been shot twice, malaria 3 times, appendix ruptured and a few other maladies. Worst of all I have survived two colonoscopies and still kept my manhood. So all you young whipper snappers stop complaining. I'm a 1946 model war baby. Been a fun ride so far. Especially since I got the speed limiter on my truck raised to 140.
              Dadgum, muzzlebrake, by all rights you should not be alive...but we are glad you are! I'm a year behind you, fighting to keep up.

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              WOW, this has turned out to be one of the best self-pity parties I've ever participated in!! Let's keep 'er goin' folks!!
              Tmag, Burnadell, whur y'all at??
              Here I am, Charlie...75 and fighting a few issues, getting more surly everyday , but still vertical!

Comment

I’ve lived a pretty clean life. I am starting to hurt in the mornings though. I hope it pays off in my old age
                Last edited by sharkhunter; 05-09-2022, 10:16 PM.

Comment

I remember when I thought people who were in their 40s were old!!!

At 58 I’ve had a dozen surgeries. Other than that I’m healthy and take zero meds on a daily bases. I shouldn’t have been so hard on my body because I have been paying for it since age 42 when I needed my first shoulder surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The thing i don't like is the old man skin, on my arms. I look down and there is a new bruise, or I'm bleeding.

Comment

Ain’t that the truth!

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
                      The thing i don't like is the old man skin, on my arms. I look down and there is a new bruise, or I'm bleeding.
                      I am outside working and one of my grandkids say “Grandpa Larry, your arm is leaking”. I look down and blood is dripping. My DIL has the kids trained to keep a close eye on Grandpa! Blessed beyond measure!

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
                        Most times I never know what happened but I put out some pretty good blood trails! When I turned 50, this was what I noticed the most as far as change to ky body. It only gets worse as you get older.

Comment

I heard this from my mom, bless her heart, its hell getting old. LOL I agree, but also I have been very active thru out my life n at me reaching 82, I am not only blessed, I am still active, fishing with my son and friends, still hunt for arrow heads and hunting deer with my grandson in South Texas. It is not better then being blessed as I have been. Also, and better, I have been married to my wife for 57 years. So getting old is not all that bad.

Comment

It's ok, Mud....
                            We're a small group. And very fortunate...
                            But then, if we don't keep the whipper snappers, off the lawn..
                            Who will....

Comment

There ain't nothing wrong with getting old...and older!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                There ain't nothing wrong with getting old...and older!
                                As they say, it beats the alternative!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X