Rangefinding Binoculars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangefinding Binoculars

I had the opportunity to play around with my buddy's Vortex rangefinding binos this past weekend. Have any of ya'll used rangefinding binoculars before? What are your thoughts?

I use them for unknown-location/unknown-distance rifle matches.

Like all rangefinders, the quoted range is to a highly reflective surface, so over buy on that spec.

I like them for spotting during hunting, but since they tend to be in the 8x-12x range, their use for point counting at distance is a bit limited compared to a high power scope or spotter.

Comment

I love them. I wouldn't have another set of binos without that feature. I have the Swarovski EL range, but I also like the Lieca range set as well. Both great pair of range binos

Comment

I have the Leica ones and they are top notch! Really great glass and rangefinder and also shows the angle, temp and barometric pressure.

Comment

I bought a pair of the Vortex Fury 5000’s and don’t know how I ever lived without them.

I don’t use them for bowhunting but for rifle hunting it’s a must have.

Comment

I have been toying with the same idea. I currently glass from tripod with 12x and was trying to decide between moving up in power to 15x or 18x or moving to rf binos for western hunting. I have no desire to lug a spotter.

Comment

Leica or Swaro, either will serve you well.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                I bought a pair of the Vortex Fury 5000’s and don’t know how I ever lived without them.

I don’t use them for bowhunting but for rifle hunting it’s a must have.
                my buddy bought a set of these which struck my interest in them. I was gonna let him tell me how he likes them before I looked at buying some. I did notice the two different models LRF301 and the 302. Price difference is about $400. I was interested in knowing which ones you had and if you knew the difference in them?

Comment

Depends on what you want them for. For archery and spot and stalk hunting, they are big an would be a pain compared to a range finder, especially when you have your bow in one hand, range finder in the other. For sitting in a blind or stand where you have a bit more freedom to move around, I would use them over a range finder.

Comment

I have a pair of Leicas. One of my best investments in my gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have the Swaro EL range and they are a game changer. I would not hesitate to get a pair with the rangefinder built in. But once cry once.

Comment

I love my Leica HD-B 10x42 range finding binoculars. Would not be without them when I am in the field.
                        Especially here in the Rocky mou tains where distances can be deceiving, they quickly confirm your yardage.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Sig BDX rangefinding binos,rangefinder and scope. they work well and are fun to play with

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                            I had the opportunity to play around with my buddy's Vortex rangefinding binos this past weekend. Have any of ya'll used rangefinding binoculars before? What are your thoughts?
                            I use a pair of Nikon's and they work great. The new Vortex's have Ballistic software built into them and work very well from my limited use of them.

Comment

The problem for me is I shoot left handed. If I'm holding my bow in my right hand, I would have to hold and find the range buttons with my left hand. Therefore I run separate Vortex Razor 10x42 and an Impact 100.

Hogboy

Comment

Working...
                              X