X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big boys at Granger haven't started dropping yet

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdShot View Post
      Started a week or so near Glen Rose…corporate / MLD lease, one of our group last weekend shot what they thought was a heavy doe, turned out to be a buck with the raw spots on the head where he had recently shed.
      Most dropped here already in Brown co.

Shooting an Antlerless buck is so sad.
      Never been a fan of Feb hunting for lots of reasons

Comment

easter is a good time to look for us.

Comment

I’ve seen a couple in NW Oklahoma that have dropped their horns and some that haven’t, but in east TX, all the bucks around my place appear to be carrying both sides.

Comment

I had 4 young bucks in my back yard this morning in Hopkins County in NE TX. None of them had shed yet but the biggest one was a 6 point.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

We don’t start till spring break to make sure mostly have dropped.

Comment

I found a couple nice ones today at the archery range. We have 100 acres and a pretty good suburban deer herd roaming the area. Must have just dropped -still had hairs on the pedicle end

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  Most dropped here already in Brown co.

Shooting an Antlerless buck is so sad.
                  Never been a fan of Feb hunting for lots of reasons
                  Agree, but two of the guys on that corporate lease had not been able to hunt much this season, so there were several buck and doe tags left from their allotment, so we had several guests out there to try to use them.

The part I don’t like about late season hunting, is that any does are likely pregnant with the next generation…we’ve got some nice bucks out there, and getting better every year…the does taken late may be carrying what could be wall-hangers in a few years…

Comment

Any advice on how to find sheds, I have been lucky and stumbled across a few over the years but never gone looking. I had a deer that was bigger than anything I’ve seen on the place show up before the season and disappear until around three weeks ago. I’d sure like to find his antlers.

Comment

Just spent 6 out of 10 days in the woods at Richland Creek Wma. They still have there head gear on there. Only saw a couple that where missing a side. Did find a last years shed and found a head of a 3 point that someone had killed and tagged

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdShot View Post
                        Started a week or so near Glen Rose…corporate / MLD lease, one of our group last weekend shot what they thought was a heavy doe, turned out to be a buck with the raw spots on the head where he had recently shed.
                        Anybody who can't tell a buck that has shed from a doe probably shouldn't be hunting by themselves. The shape of the head is unmistakable.

Comment

city herd here in fort worth had several bucks hard horned friday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                            Any advice on how to find sheds, I have been lucky and stumbled across a few over the years but never gone looking. I had a deer that was bigger than anything I’ve seen on the place show up before the season and disappear until around three weeks ago. I’d sure like to find his antlers.
                            Find their food source, bedding areas, and game trails. Then put lots of miles on your boots and walk slow. Look for tines, not full antlers. If looking for the shape of a full antler you may miss some if they’re partially hidden. If you ever go out west (western states not west Texas) and are looking for elk or mulie sheds, focus on south facing slopes.

Comment

Hunted this Saturday afternoon and had a bachelor group come through. 2 with antlers, one without and one that had only one side left.

Comment

Granger still attached

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X