No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say that's an epic haul. When I visited Buffalo Trace earlier this fall I saw them bottling private selection picks of Weller Full Proof.

Comment

Haha definitely an epic haul. I neither have the time nor the desire to wait in line at 4 am to get these bottles. More power to them I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jsavoie88 View Post
        Haha definitely an epic haul. I neither have the time nor the desire to wait in line at 4 am to get these bottles. More power to them I guess.

What Specs was this at?

Comment

Originally posted by theloneranger View Post
          What Specs was this at?

Smith Street

Comment

Originally posted by jsavoie88 View Post
            Smith Street

There was one in Dallas, houston and San Antonio. I think Dallas had the biggest selection. People were able to walk in at noon and get bottles. Reportedly over 500 bottles of Weller 12

Comment

I’m not waiting at 4 am to spend a house payment on whiskey . Good haul for sure though. Lots of stuff I’ve never seen in person.

Comment

4am--- nahhhhhh that line started at about 8am... the day before...

Huge drop- that line and crowd ain't for me but I think its cool that lots of folks got to grab lots of hard to find stuff.

Prolly screws up the secondary values on things for awhile.

Comment

Unfortunately, not saying your buddies haul, but most will end up in secondary...driving prices up and even harder to come by.

Comment

1980s Canadian Mist sealed

1980s Canadian Mist
                    Received as a gift from an older gentleman. It was 1 of 20 something different bottles in his cabinet from the 80s.

Anyone a connoisseur?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                      1980s Canadian Mist
                      Received as a gift from an older gentleman. It was 1 of 20 something different bottles in his cabinet from the 80s.

Anyone a connoisseur?
                      Nice find. I haven't had Mist in forever. Would be cool to buy a bottle and try each to compare.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                        4am--- nahhhhhh that line started at about 8am... The day before...
                        gtfo

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                          Unfortunately, not saying your buddies haul, but most will end up in secondary...driving prices up and even harder to come by.
                          All these taters are buying and flipping. To each other. It’s a joke. Almost never see an open bottle anymore.

My house is an exception.

Comment

Good whiskey is meant to be drank. With good friends and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

Oh man that 4 grain, I wish the market wasn’t what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

Fantastic! I’m sure it was enjoyed by all. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X