No announcement yet.

Keeping Deer off the porch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard the motion activated sprinkler thing works, but only seen it used in a garden. I'm sure it will work on the porch also but I'm not so sure the Amazon delivery guy will like it very much!! Definitely make sure you get the ring doorbell to video that and post it back here if you go that route

Comment

Originally posted by 257 View Post
      get some hair from the salon/barber shop and sprinkle it around, has worked for me
      I dont know if it helps or not, but I shave and trim my hair on the front porch. My wife has the same problem

Comment

crossbow !!! works well

Comment

Son was chunkin rocks at em today...eating the hale out of our okra plants! Gotta do something! Keeps it up we might have to make a summer blend chili recipe.... 27 yard shot from upstairs bathroom window to aforementioned okra...just saying
          Last edited by Smokeater; 06-15-2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

If they are knocking on the front door, it doesn’t sound like much hunting to me... what’s not to allow?

Comment

I was in San Marcos at families this weekend so I feel your pain in regards to deer on porch. Have you considered making a big sign that says “welcome to East Texas” and putting it in your yard....that’s probably the best way to make deer just totally disappear?

Comment

Paintball gun

Comment

Originally posted by 257 View Post
                  get some hair from the salon/barber shop and sprinkle it around, has worked for me
                  seems to me there should be human scent all around already.
                  set a trip wire with a couple of pots and pans to rattle all to hades.

when tripped go reset.
                  Last edited by hpdrifter; 06-16-2020, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Where I’m at the deer eat out of trash cans, go into garages it’s crazy.

Comment

We have been using motion sensor sprinkers like these for nearly 17 years. They work!

Comment

Neat thread. By the way... I'm not sure there are any areas you can't hunt with a 457 texan air rifle. Those neighbor hood deer could be in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                          We have been using motion sensor sprinkers like these for nearly 17 years. They work!
                          https://www.amazon.com/COSTWAY-Scare...s%2C218&sr=8-5
                          I have used this to keep the stray cats out of my garden. It works, Price sure had gone up I thing I paid 35.00 for mine off of Amazon a few years ago.

Comment

We need pictures of the deer on the porch!

Comment

Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryNerd View Post
                                So we live in a residential area where we cant hunt... That being said we keep getting deer on the porch eating the wifes plants. out side of fencing in the porch are there any other reliable methods you have found to keep deer off the porch?
                                Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
                                Sss
                                SSF

Shoot, skin and freeze.

Comment

Working...
                                X