No announcement yet.

Trump, Pelosi and Schumer Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liken it to typical political posturing on both sides.

Question: Trump eluded to parts of the wall that had already been built and how it was curbing illegals from crossing. Has any length of wall actually been built? The only images I have seen are very short, almost prototype, walls.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
      I really liken it to typical political posturing on both sides.

Question: Trump eluded to parts of the wall that had already been built and how it was curbing illegals from crossing. Has any length of wall actually been built? The only images I have seen are very short, almost prototype, walls.
      If I am not mistaken 7-8 miles of wall has been constructed near the town of Calexico,California to create funnel points for entry.

Comment

One of Trump's issues that he ran on (and got elected on) was border security/wall. Saying that Mexico was going to pay for it was kind of a stupid statement- the only way they would "pay" for it is if we pare back the aid we send Mexico to match what is needed to built the wall. I also think "wall" doesn't have to be a physical barrier- anything that can monitor/deter entering the country illegally. Here is the thing about a "government shutdown" that the sheeple don't really understand. The only thing that gets shutdown is national monuments and parks that require manning and unessential personnel. I have always wondered, if they are unessential why do we even have them on the payroll. Secondly, they may not be getting paid right now but once everything gets back to normal they get their pay they missed payed back to them. All this amounts to is a big political hammer fight to get votes.

Comment

Trump needs to coin the " Pelosi Open Border Policy " and use it repeatedly every day

Comment

Old hag Pelosi questioning Trumps manhood was funny. Let's see, he bangs playboy bunnies and the most beautiful women in the world and all she gets is a worn out vibrator. See the problem?

Comment

My money is on Trump each and every time and so far he is winning at every turn.
              He will get the wall done and Mexico will pay for it by default.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                My money is on Trump each and every time and so far he is winning at every turn.
                He will get the wall done and Mexico will pay for it by default.
                By default?

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                  The wall is all fine and dandy, I guess. I'm not sure why we don't do a couple things to take away most of the incentives of the illegals, before spending a lot of money on a wall. Why not make E-Verify mandatory in every state? Why not make it illegal for ILLEGALS to receive government assistance?

If that doesn't fix the problem and we still need a wall, lets build the best wall ever. But if we keep providing jobs and free handouts.....desperate people will find a way around a wall.
                  agreed 110%

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                    agreed 110%
                    Wonder why that isn't a big talking point from our great politicians? It would be relatively inexpensive compared to a wall and likely be much more effective at curtailing the influx of illegals. Wonder if it has anything to do with money? Wonder if it might take a few dollars from some influential donors? Makes one wonder if politicians (on either side) really want to do anything about illegals???

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                      The "shutdown" scare is a thing of the past. Nobody gives a rats behind if the government does "shutdown!" Less government waste going out the door for a while
                      Actually, it's more government waste. All those government employees they send home during the shutdown will get back-pay for ALL of that off-time when the government opens back up. The OBM estimated the 2013 shutdown (16 days) cost $2 Billion in lost productivity. Not to mention the cost to the economy: the 2013 was estimated (by S&P) to have cost the economy $24 billion.

Yeah, social security still gets paid, critical services are kept running, and troops don't desert, but let's not pretend there is no effect from a shutdown. And those have all been relatively short. We've never shut down for more than 21 days.

There's a reason democrats caved when during the last shutdown. They tried to use a government shut down to get their way on a single issue (DACA). Public opinion quickly turned against them, and they threw in the towel. I think Trump trying the same thing with the wall will end poorly.

Now please don't get me wrong. I believe we have a massive illegal immigration problem, and Trump is the only one really trying to do anything about it. But this is just how I think it'll play out.
                      Last edited by sir shovelhands; 12-12-2018, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Makes one wonder if politicians (on either side) really want to do anything about illegals???
                        Clearly not, since they've been kicking that can down the road for decades.

Comment

Wonder why that isn't a big talking point from our great politicians? It would be relatively inexpensive compared to a wall and likely be much more effective at curtailing the influx of illegals. Wonder if it has anything to do with money? Wonder if it might take a few dollars from some influential donors? Makes one wonder if politicians (on either side) really want to do anything about illegals???
                          I really think that neither side (other than Trump) want to do squat about the problem.... one side wants the votes and the other wants the cheap labor.

Comment

There's a reason why this and the wall only comes up during elections and when they need a distraction.

Comment

Wonder why the wall wasn't funded when we had control of both the house and senate?

Comment

Wonder why the wall wasn't funded when we had control of both the house and senate?

Comment

Working...
                                X