2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    He's not my target deer. He's only 6. And I've been told that I did fall from a turnip truck.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    What does the target deer look like?

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
      Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thanks man! It's been a lot of sitting without many deer.

Comment

Finally made it out for the 2nd time this season. Wasn't able to get any scouting done this year with football season and all, not even put a camera out. Well it was still a little damp out and I felt comfortable being able to move rather quietly so I did a little in season scouting and put out a camera. I found a well used trail with fresh droppings and about three trees that had rubs on them just like this one.

We are hosting Thanksgiving this year so tomorrow I will be doing yard work. But I did find a good spot about 15 yards off this trail that will offer some cover. Plan to sit it on Wenesday afternoon with some doe urine and see if I can get something. May sit Wednesday morning also if I can get out in time but I doubt I'll get everything finished tomorrow. Season is finally looking up!
        Attached Files

Comment

Iso a deer lease for next year. Im getting off my west texas lease this yr and gonna need a spot. If anyone knows of a place thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
            Me being me and the despreate need of trying to bring in some action I've decided to look up some different attractants.. Any input on this Big & J feed/attractant or anything else yall have used and had good outcome? Besides rice bran?
            Bucksnuff works.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Deer are still fairly actively chasing in Wood County. Had both these young eights dogging doe yesterday evening. Both hopefully will grow into some studs[emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                Deer are still fairly actively chasing in Wood County. Had both these young eights dogging doe yesterday evening. Both hopefully will grow into some studs[emoji41]

That left one looks like a gooden! Any more pics of em?

Comment

That left one looks like a gooden! Any more pics of em?

I thought the same thing when I first saw the pic. But that’s a very flattering angle and he’s got his ears laid back. I’ll pull the card later, I should have a bunch as we watched him work the doe around the feeder for about 30 mins last night. He’s got short beams that come back in instead going forward. I bet he’s 115” max 3 yr old with a 14-15” spread. We’ve got a lot better. Like this one....

Comment

Thats a good one too!

Comment

Me being me and the despreate need of trying to bring in some action I've decided to look up some different attractants.. Any input on this Big & J feed/attractant or anything else yall have used and had good outcome? Besides rice bran?

Big and J. Bags or blocks, it doesnt matter to them.

Comment

Anyone seen deer still chasing near Grapeland?

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
                          Anyone seen deer still chasing near Grapeland?

Co Worker hunts over there in Alto not far from you. Shot a good 8pt with his nose down a week ago and a buddy of his shot an 13pt the next night in Sabine NF doing the same thing ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Walked away at 10 yards this evening with a good ol dud bullet!!!! CLICK.

Came in looking for doe and left. I grunted and wheezed him in 15 minuets later to point blank range $&@#ing CLICK. would have been daughters first deer... would have
                            Attached Files

Comment

And he ain’t as big as the buck we had a few weeks ago that wouldn’t stand still long enough....

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                                And he ain’t as big as the buck we had a few weeks ago that wouldn’t stand still long enough....

Hate to hear that for you and your daughter but hopefully thats a sign of a good one to come for yall this year!

Comment

Working...
                                X