Best Cold Weather Rain Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Cold Weather Rain Gear

Wife's asking what I might want for Xmas and this came to mind...any suggestions on good quality, cold weather rain gear?

Rain gear is usually a shell over layers of clothes when it’s cold. Kuiu Yukon rain suit is the best i have found so far.

Comment

Kuiu

Comment

MTO50 isn’t so bad either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve heard Sitka gear is pretty top notch.
          But I go into the field with a pair of academy overalls and a Cabela’s duck hunting parka (and many layers underneath depending on the temp). I’d like to get a Drake waterfowl jacket in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
            Rain gear is usually a shell over layers of clothes when it’s cold.
            U got it.[emoji6] I have Sitka over mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

The Cabelas outfitter rain gear is decent.

Comment

As a retired motorcycle officer I can tell you I had several ,but check out watershed rain gear it is the best I ever wore, I purchased mine it’s gortex has a removable liner to keep you warm double closure zipper and buttons . Don’t wear it much cause it’s his vis green with reflective stripes and POLICE on the back but it’s 12 years old and still great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Whatever brand you get, go with gortex. I also bought a size larger to go over jackets and pants. As mentioned, it’s just a shell so you still have to layer. I am partial to first lite gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Tex View Post
                    Whatever brand you get, go with gortex. I also bought a size larger to go over jackets and pants. As mentioned, it’s just a shell so you still have to layer. I am partial to first lite gear.

First lite isn't Gortex. I've got their SEAK rain jacket and got soaked while fishing in it. Can't recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                    X