Bald eagle in Pleasanton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bald eagle in Pleasanton?

Anyone ever see a Bald Eagle as far south as Pleasanton Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I saw a Bald Eagle flying just over the tree tops in Arlington, Tx while I was driving on Fielder Rd a couple of weeks ago. I must admit it surprised the you know what out of me.

Comment

They’re all over East Tx, I’ve also seen several through the years in the hill country between bandera and kerrville. Never seen one in Pleasanton but I wouldn’t say it’s not possible, they’re native to about all of Texas, just not many of them as other places.

Comment

I haven't seen one in Pleasanton. Last year there were some seen as far south as Three Rivers and George West.

Comment

Originally posted by WBA2000 View Post
          I haven't seen one in Pleasanton. Last year there were some seen as far south as Three Rivers and George West.
          Saw one at Choke Canyon several years back.

Comment

Yes, their mascot

Comment

There's a pair that lives in a big oak tree in Dinero,Tx. about an hr south of Pleasanton.

Comment

I've see them in Brazoria County a few times.

Comment

I’ve seen them in the panhandle and fly along the San Saba river in Brady. Also nesting outside of Llano . Beautiful birds!

Comment

I see a few in Colorado, Wharton, and Matagorda counties every year. They're more common than a lot of folks think.

Comment

Some bald eagles are resident, and some are migratory. The one you saw may be on its way north. I've seen them over the highway in El Campo, TX several times in the spring, and assume they're heading north.

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                        I've see them in Brazoria County a few times.

I’ve seen a few in Brazoria county over the last several years. My pasture. My wife got a video of a bald eagle trying to catch a Mexican whistler out of our pond(same pond in the pic) a couple weeks ago. Can’t figure how to post it or I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had them fly over my place in hardin county just north of Beaumont and there was a nesting pair in vidor a couple years ago,, only 30-40 miles off the Gulf

Comment

There was a Bald Eagle nest just behind one of my tree stands (40 yards or so). It was pretty cool to watch them while I hunted. A few years back when we got the floods that filled all the lakes backup, the tree washed out and fell over. Don't know where they rebuilt their nest but it was cool while it lasted.

Comment

I had one in my pasture in Danbury last month eating a coot.

Comment

Working...
                              X