Got points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got points?

Was hoping some you p.l. gurus what give me insight or intel, no trying to pot lick for honeyhole, just thoughts on wise lol use of points to get tag. W> T> arch. 4 pts. m. d arch 3pt. exotic 3pt. GUN deer mgmt. 4pt GUN M.D 3pt. WHERE to apply { have hunted matador once like the country, killed nice w.t 10pt. split brows, saw a no doubt pull trigger buck.] I can give some info on that place.

The way I do it, is look at all the hunt dates in one category. Then pick the ones I could make. I work 7 on and 7 off. Once I see what I have to choose from on my 7 days off, I then look at the distance I would have to travel. Other words, I'm not going to apply for a hunt that I have to drive for 10 hours. Then I look at how many applied last year vs the number of permits. After all said and done, I may have only one or 2 places to apply.
    Under this new system where you can apply as many times and to multiple places, your chances go way down, regardless how many points you have.

Comment

Your doing better than most getting to hunt the matador.

Comment

Got Points

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
        The way I do it, is look at all the hunt dates in one category. Then pick the ones I could make. I work 7 on and 7 off. Once I see what I have to choose from on my 7 days off, I then look at the distance I would have to travel. Other words, I'm not going to apply for a hunt that I have to drive for 10 hours. Then I look at how many applied last year vs the number of permits. After all said and done, I may have only one or 2 places to apply.
        Under this new system where you can apply as many times and to multiple places, your chances go way down, regardless how many points you have.
        Thanks squiggy,woulg like to get mulie hunt prefer archery, think of doing elephant mtn. met guy at matador three years ago lusky s.o.g. had matador elephant mt nilga hunt, he & his brother got decent w.t. then off to ele. mt. 2 muleys down, shot cow nilg dang it.

Comment

Got points

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
          Hi e tx yea got lucky think it was three points, they drew 2 standbys 11 bucks taken, it was second rifle on 11/13 think? first 2 days hot, saw deer real late almost got a doe she bsted me at 60 yds. then northern blew in sat. night was camping in 3 man tent. If I hadn't got duffle bag& pack intent I would been like toto, end up somewhere near mex. Tent made so much fr#@@%$*#@ noise didn't sleep all night, but was grinning the deer where up & moving,bucks chasing etc buck I shot I watched make scrape at 130 40yds When he went broadside, dropped the hammer.DIRT nap

Comment

Tink?

Comment

Points don't matter. Apply for everything

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                Tink?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                  Yes you are, its a super long shot at best now with the online system, there are thousands of applications for just a few permits. Last year they saw applictions from from 49 different states, it case you didn't know thats just about all of them

Comment

There are no deer at Matador. Nothing but hoot owls and polecats. You will go home with nothing but chiggers on your privates. No need to even apply.

Comment

Working...
                    X