Redfield Revenge Scope Bottomed Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redfield Revenge Scope Bottomed Out

Let me start this by saying I bought this scope brand new last year. I put this scope on my grandad's .250-3000 Savage and to get it sighted in, it almost bottomed it out. I went to put it on my Remington 788 6mm and upon bore sighting it, it did bottom out with 3" to go from being bore sighted. Has anyone had any problems with this or know what I can do to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

What scope rings are you useing

Comment

I think that they are old Tasco scope rings on a 2 piece Weaver mount.

Comment

Do you have any pics of the set up ? The rings and mount may be to tall

Comment

I think he means what height rings you are using? High? Extra-High?

If you are using the extra high, I guess it could be possible you'd be close to bottoming out a scope. Can you move to a medium/low height rings?

Comment

Might try putting shims under your mounts.

Comment

OOOOH... These are low height rings.

Comment

This is the only pic I got.
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm assuming that the elevation adjustment is bottomed out and its still too high. Try switching the rings, front to back and back to front. If that doesn't work take some aluminum foil and cut a slice the same width as the scope rings and put it between the scope and the ring on the rear mount. I had one that bottomed out and I used 2 thicknesses of aluminum foil on the rear ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                    I'm assuming that the elevation adjustment is bottomed out and its still too high. Try switching the rings, front to back and back to front.
                    That is correct. The elevation is bottomed out and it is still too high. I looked at the rings and they are the same. I might be trying the tin foil trick.

Comment

Good luck, it has worked for me. Just remember that the foil only goes on the bottom side of the scope.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Coke can works good too

Comment

Buy a different set of rings. I had a 700, and I took it to a gun shop. The guy's experienced eye, saw a curve in the rear ring mount. When he showed me the correct mount next to it, I could barely tell a difference. 30 minutes, and $20 later, I had it fixed.

Comment

I had the same problem....sent it back to Redfield they fixed it and sent it back no questions asked
                              Call there customer service first and they will trouble shoot with you
                              I love it now...just took a bit to get it up and running

Comment

Working...
                              X