No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t why but them high fences seem to grow big deer. Get ready in 4-5 years to see some monsters, beautiful place btw. Need some rain badly, where I hunt it hasn’t rained in 2 months.

Comment

Trail Camera Pictures

Here are some pictures of some of the bucks we've gotten on our trail cameras recently:

Click image for larger version

Name:	7.5yr old 8pt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	24588884
      We have this 8pt aged at 7.5yrs and have pictures of him for the last 4 years. We are hoping to get him this year.

Name:	12pt.jpg
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	24588885
      This is a pretty 10pt with two kickers off his G2. We have him aged at 7.5yrs and started getting pictures of him in 2015 when he was 3.5yrs.

Name:	Wide 9pt.jpg
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	24588886
      This is a nice wide 9pt that we have aged at 6.5yrs. We aren't sure which buck this is at this point.

Name:	Buck 10pt Young1.jpg
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	24588887
      Young 10pt (2.5yrs)

Name:	Buck Wide.jpg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	24588888
      Wide 8pt

Name:	Buck with Split Brow & Drop.jpg
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	24588889
      3.5yr old with split brow and drop tine

Name:	Buck1.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	24588890
      4.5yr old 10pt. We are really hoping this buck adds some length and mass over the next 2-3 years.

Name:	Buck-Crazy.jpg
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	24588891
      Crazy 12pt. We have him aged at 3.5yrs.

Name:	Buck-Pretty Frame.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	24588892
      3.5/4.5yr old 10pt

Name:	Buck-Short Brows.jpg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	24588893
      Tall 8 with short brows. Haven't decided if we are going to go after him or not. I hate bucks with short brow tines.

Comment

Looks like you got the right bucks! Seriously those genes are going to be great to work with and those deer are looking good.

Comment

That genetic potential is unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
            Looks like you got the right bucks! Seriously those genes are going to be great to work with and those deer are looking good.
            X2!! Lookin’ good!

Comment

Awesome! Glad to see some nice ones got wrapped up in the fence! Great deer

Comment

No way i would let that 8 stay. Great pics.

Comment

We were out there this past weekend. The cows are off and it's very dry. Not sure if we will be planting food plots or not this fall just due to no rain but we will know more within the next 3 weeks or so. The broomweed is everywhere along with dead thistles. I may cut some lanes in some of our fields to allow some winter forbs to grow because the broomweed and thistles are thick!

I sat in the big blind one morning and saw some deer but not too much activity. After walking a little bit we noticed that the oaks are loaded with acorns this year and they are dropping everywhere.

We noticed that at least one of our blackbuck doe have already had a baby. We will need to keep an eye on the blackbuck population to make sure it doesn't get out of control.

I'll try to post some updated trail camera pictures this week.

Comment

Thanks for the update!

Comment

Nice, I enjoy your thread, I hunt just west of Menard on the river. Check out Grant Woods website for growing food plots in rocks, of course they get more rain there. Growingdeer.com

Comment

Trail Cam Pics

Here are a couple of bucks we will be passing this year:

Name:	08200513 (Medium).jpg
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	24592956

Name:	08200522 (Medium).jpg
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	24592957

Name:	08230047 (Medium).jpg
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	24592958

Name:	08230067 (Medium).jpg
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	24592959

Comment

Beautiful bucks! I can’t wait to see all those bucks get a little more age on them

Comment

My dad found a nice 3.5yr old 10pt dead near one of the cross fence, it probably got hung up which is unfortunate. Heading out there next weekend to shoot 3 or 4 doe to start reducing some numbers. We had our small pond dug out this past week to make it around twice as big and add some clay to help ensure it holds water even in the driest conditions. Hoping to broadcast wheat and fertilizer next weekend and cultipack over top and see what grows. We haven’t had time to Disc so I’m looking forward to see if this will work or not. I’ll post some updates after the weekend.

Comment

Good Luck & Thanks for the updates! Where do you get the clay out there for the ponds?

Comment

The guy that was digging the pond actually found a real good bed of clay about 6ft below the current pond so that’s where they stopped and just made it wider. All we need now is some rain to help fill it back up.

Comment

Working...
                                X