X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats no good

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
      Is it that they had not acclimated to the colder weather yet? Reason for the question is they are everywhere in the hill country and we've had way worse cold snaps than this and I hadn't ever heard of any die offs...
      My thoughts too.... it would be 10 degrees and they'd be boinging around like any other day when I hunted out there.

Comment

A guy I work with was at a ranch near Beeville a couple weeks ago and they had lost several black buck. The loan survivor was just walking around in circles. Either the ranch manager or owner told him it had something to do with snails..... No idea if there is any truth to it, but you guys aren't too far from each other.

Comment

Dang now I feel like I need to go check on mine...have not had issue with the cold in the past though.

Comment

Blackbuck are not cervids so it isn't CWD.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Blackbuck don't tolerate the cold very well. Temps where you are?

Death was prior to the cold front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                Is it that they had not acclimated to the colder weather yet? Reason for the question is they are everywhere in the hill country and we've had way worse cold snaps than this and I hadn't ever heard of any die offs...

Established herd, these two separated themselves and died.

Comment

That is odd. Hope you get some awners!

Comment

Originally posted by Target-panic View Post
                    Established herd, these two separated themselves and died.

Any puncture wounds on them? I watched a big buck try to kill a couple doe one time. Chased them and gored them for 15 minutes. His pimp hand was strong.

Comment

Any puncture wounds on them? I watched a big buck try to kill a couple doe one time. Chased them and gored them for 15 minutes. His pimp hand was strong.

Gator don’t take no s...!!

Comment

Dying Blackbuck

no bleeding was witnessed or wounds noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinAndy View Post
                          A guy I work with was at a ranch near Beeville a couple weeks ago and they had lost several black buck. The loan survivor was just walking around in circles. Either the ranch manager or owner told him it had something to do with snails..... No idea if there is any truth to it, but you guys aren't too far from each other.
                          Is that maybe something like EHD then? I don't know if BB get that. But the circling thing seems like a symptoms of EHD.

Comment

I lost 5 BB doe too, Im about done, not weather related down here either, mine died over 3 or 4 months

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                              Is that maybe something like EHD then? I don't know if BB get that. But the circling thing seems like a symptoms of EHD.

We are thinking it is a digestive parasite or poisoning by some type of vegetation. We burned the corpses. If any others in the herd die, we may look into autopsy.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                                I lost 5 BB doe too, Im about done, not weather related down here either, mine died over 3 or 4 months

Did you find them dead or dying?

Comment

Working...
                                X