2018 Caddo Grasslands Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Caddo Grasslands Thread.

Anyone have any luck yet this year or we gonna keep it hush hush this year again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think for most bow season was a wash because of all the rain

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I started hunting that area back in 1972 at the age of 12,hunted it every year up to year 2008. this will be my first year back hunting it since then.Ive taken a few nice bucks off the grasslands.

Comment

I have taken a couple of nice deer out there too. My sons first was out there. Been hunting out there for 9 years. Just now starting to figure out where the real good spots are the last few years. The hogs went around me, stayed on the private land and the deer crossed in front of me way up by the road. Sneaky jokers. I was just curious if no one wanted to share what we have out there. I do not mind keeping it quiet if that’s what you peeps want to do. I love that place up there for some reason. Better than any other I hunt. Looking for a place to buy up that way.

Comment

I hunt the south units by the way. Gonna start going up to the north units next year
          For some more places to hunt

Comment

I'm hunting Caddo this year for the first time.

Comment

I have had some success out there with turkeys and ducks. Have been close to closing the deal on a few deer but just hasn't worked out yet. I have not been up there since spring turkey season though. Now that I have my new rifle that might have to change here soon. Good luck to everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
                I have taken a couple of nice deer out there too. My sons first was out there. Been hunting out there for 9 years. Just now starting to figure out where the real good spots are the last few years. The hogs went around me, stayed on the private land and the deer crossed in front of me way up by the road. Sneaky jokers. I was just curious if no one wanted to share what we have out there. I do not mind keeping it quiet if that’s what you peeps want to do. I love that place up there for some reason. Better than any other I hunt. Looking for a place to buy up that way.

I am normally fine with telling people that I hunt up there. They way I figure it is if they are willing to put the work in to get the spots I hunt they are more then welcome. I do the same with LBJ. You won't catch me saying unit numbers but more then happy to tell you I hunt there. Sometimes I might even point someone in the right direction to get started if they are nice enough. Public hunters have always been pretty hush hush about their spots though and understandably so. Just this season I had a nice spot picked out on LBJ until someone posted the unit number and trail cam pics of what they found 2 weeks prior to bow opener. When I checked my cameras a few days before opener all I had were a few nocturnal does and a ton of pics different hunters. Glad I didn't have all my eggs in one basket as there were 14 trucks parked around that unit opening day and it isn't that big.

Comment

I don’t mind sharing some either with the right person. Especially for hogs. I never have been stingy. I got a couple of vacation days during the week next week so I will be up seeing if the rut is kicking in. Maybe camp a night or too.

Comment

Working...
                  X