No announcement yet.

Hagerman Segment B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a lot of trophys as well, wall-hanging mosquitoes. If we don't get some cold snaps, going to be brutal.

Comment

Guys in Segment A are being impacted by the flooding, still a month out for hunt, hoping for the best!

Comment

I’m in for Seg B. Hoping for zero rain but even if it stops now the damage may be done! Still lots of property out there to set up on though...

Comment

At current release rate lake will only be 3 or 4 feet down by mid November, not looking good right now.

Comment

Hopefully once the Red subsides below the dam they can start releasing more water, of course needs to stop raining.

Comment

Texoma is now @9 ft high, down from almost 12ft high, hopefully the rain will stay away. Looking to make a trip late this week and see what the damage is.

Comment

Even after a rainy day yesterday the lake is at 7.7 above and dropping. Slowed down a little yesterday but is now steadily falling. I really hope they do not consider canceling this hunt, I live close to the refuge and even though it is flooded there are still a lot of places to set up in there. Better yet with limited access the deer are going to be under less pressure from people driving in and out all the time. If you see an email from Gayle asking about what you want to do, be sure to remember that they are MOST likely not going to rotate the units next year if we do not get to hunt.

Comment

Are they having the hunt this weekend?

Comment

No they have cancelled Seg A due to the majority of the hunters decided they did not want to deal with the flooding. (that's what I was told)

Comment

It wasn't cancelled it was postponed to 2019. Everybody drawn got a vote, about 50% of the units are under water

Comment

They won't rotate if B and C are also postponed, now if they postpone B but the C hunt still happens not sure what they'll do.

Comment

Latest I heard was looking like B will happen as planned. I'm probably going to call up today or tomorrow to check and we'll go up Saturday to check out the damage.

Comment

Segment A would have been a great hunt. 1000’s of acres to hunt. Deer patterns would have been a hell of a lot easier to figure out. All sign would have been fresh. Scouted there last weekend and you couldn’t have asked for a better situation. Big mistake in my opinion postponing until next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in, hope it's not postponed.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonV View Post
                                Segment A would have been a great hunt. 1000’s of acres to hunt. Deer patterns would have been a hell of a lot easier to figure out. All sign would have been fresh. Scouted there last weekend and you couldn’t have asked for a better situation. Big mistake in my opinion postponing until next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I agree completely!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X