No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope y'all do good out there. There's plenty deer, mighty skittish though.

If y'all see my green z71 around town, say howdy.

Comment

JD, yes that is the island i'm talking about.

Comment

anyone seeing any gobbler movement in III or IV?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
          JD, yes that is the island i'm talking about.
          That's pretty impressive to hunt all the way back there; have always contemplated hunting back there. It's what easily a 30 minute drive just from the gate and another 15 minute walk.
          Not saying I'm lazy, but it would just be difficult for me to get off work and make it out there in time to do any good, but I guess like you were saying you see him every weekend so it must be a weekend only spot.
          Which is pretty sh itty, if you think about going through all that trouble to get way off the map and him doing the same. Then he turns around and steals your equipment.

Any monsters lurking back in there?

Comment

Originally posted by Bootlegger View Post
            anyone seeing any gobbler movement in III or IV?
            See dgrant he had turkey's out the wahzoo on his setup, he can point you in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Shooter View Post
              JD,

I may have met you a few days ago heading out of V the other night. I was in the white SUV and then stopped to chat with you. There only other person I seen out there that I don't know was in the creek bed near the hwy...he had a urine bag hanging off the tree. He was camo'd up real nice but I was using glass and spotted him...unfortunately I had to walk by him to get to my area. He said it was his first time out there.

I'm guessing your the guy with the blind that's all wired up. I haven't seen it personally but one of the guys I work with described it to me. Cheers!
              Yankee,
              I think that was my buddy another TBH member down in the creekbed with the urine bag. Me and him have both hunted that spot. I think i may have been sitting there one morning when you walked by also. There were 2 people that were hunting together i guess one a taller guy and a shorter one with him. I had another guy walk by me with a crossbow. He looked at me like 3 times and just walked right in front of me. I couldnt resist I spoke up and asked him if he had seen anything and about scared the crap outta him it was hilarious. That creekbed seems to be an area lot of people walk.
              Last edited by DuramaxDude; 11-04-2013, 07:59 AM.

Comment

awesome thanks for the referal. had a bunch of turkeys out in III/IV last year, but not so much this year...following the food I guess

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                  Yankee,
                  I think that was my buddy another TBH member down in the creekbed with the urine bag. Me and him have both hunted that spot. I think i may have been sitting there one morning when you walked by also. There were 2 people that were hunting together i guess one a taller guy and a shorter one with him. I had another guy walk by me with a crossbow. He looked at me like 3 times and just walked right in front of me. I couldnt resist I spoke up and asked him if he had seen anything and about scared the crap outta him it was hilarious. That creekbed seems to be an area lot of people walk.
                  Yep that was me...shorter one. FYI, you did make the other guy sh it his pants...we talked about it. I texted him and said you were set-up there but he ended up losing his phone, the rest is history. He just shot a 7 point on Friday right near my spot...I told him he owes me half a deer. Good luck out there seems like a promising spot...if you can deal with the traffic.

Comment

Yep that was me...shorter one. FYI, you did make the other guy sh it his pants...we talked about it. I texted him and said you were set-up there but he ended up losing his phone, the rest is history. He just shot a 7 point on Friday right near my spot...I told him he owes me half a deer. Good luck out there seems like a promising spot...if you can deal with the traffic.
                    You have an LDP of that 7 that Woody shot?

Comment

Yeah seems ok. Its been hit or miss (mainly all miss for me) but my buddy has seen a few in the area just doe and lil guys tho. Good luck.

Comment

who all is going to be out in area 3 this weekend.

Comment

Well guys was there a lot of people out over general season opening weekend around units 4 and 5 off the hwy?? I was planning on being out this weekend and next week just wondering if i am gonna have to worry about dipping ducking and dodging?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                            Great to know another TBHers in the neighborhood!

Don't mean to be so forward; but which vehicle is yours and your buddies (ONLY reason I'm asking is this: if I know it's yours, I won't go on a walk and just go to my spot BUT if I know it's some others vehicle I don't mind doing a walk-about)

Glad you are seeing some bucks; they are pretty nocturnal in my neck of the woods....

Your not alone though, there are about 3 of us (TBHers) in the same neighbor, so if you need help tracking or anything else at all feel free to hit me up 325-374-0811
                            JD,
                            I have been out there some with my buddy buxNdux and will be out near 4 and 5 this weekend and next week some. I drive a silver/grey 4 door GMC 3/4 ton. BuxNdux maybe out that next weekend. Nice to see some respectful and courteous people out there. Holler if you need help tracking or anything out there while I am there. 325-207-7685

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                              Unit 7is one of the most accessable areas and you can even drive a passanger car through there as a shortcut to get to "Gassy Meadows" (Middle Concho Park) I don't know anyone that hunts there (ever) plus the area around the dam/spillway is the designated 4x4 offroad park region and can get very busy on weekends. I wouldn't really waste my time around there. Go down the road to Unit 6 and go way back as far as you can reach or Unit 4 if you are on that side of the lake. Unit 1 is great but w/o someone to show you how to get into it and where to head once in there....you'll never find it.
                              we own a ranch in that middle concho park area, there are very good deer genetics down there, if you havent heard of the airport buck, 186BC, that was poached a few years ago, it was sighted a couple times in that spillway, and another deer was shot off our ranch that scored 150, only thing that is a downer is that public land down in that area is crowded and is a heavy traffic area

Comment

Hey y'all does anyone knew if u can access area 3 from twin lakes rd. ima hunt there this weekend beside the field above and left of the dam. It's the area where 4 and 3 come together at the river. I think I found an enterance to area 3 from twin lakes road but wanted to check with y'all. Thanks. Ima try to camp at the river by the dam. Is there any bass in that river.

Comment

Working...
                                X