No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I noticed the EQ being dry a couple weeks ago when I came into town from Knickerbocker. I'll be out at Spring Creek on 9/11 to check out the old fly fishing waters.

Comment

Harvey

We crossed pretty close to the dam on the solid rock bottom. There was a group of people at the dam area day camping. You probably remember just 20' up river from the dam there is a nice place to go down to the river.

Comment

Yeah, I remember you could cross over the creek below the dam and flank the creek to the above dam side and there was an area that went down creekside where it looked like people had camped at waters edge.
        I've seen some 5lb bass caught above the dam.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
          Yeah, I remember you could cross over the creek below the dam and flank the creek to the above dam side and there was an area that went down creekside where it looked like people had camped at waters edge.
          I've seen some 5lb bass caught above the dam.
          unfortunately your not a very good fisherman so you didn't catch any....

Comment

Originally posted by Hafernick View Post
            unfortunately your not a very good fisherman so you didn't catch any....
            Fishing guides don't catch fish, they show others where and how to. Don't you remember I was guiding you and Thomas back there on Spring Creek? I guess you've drank too much Colorado cool-aid since then and have suffered some memory loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
              Fishing guides don't catch fish, they show others where and how to. Don't you remember I was guiding you and Thomas back there on Spring Creek? I guess you've drank too much Colorado cool-aid since then and have suffered some memory loss.
              Oh is that how the story went?

Comment

Been seeing lots of deer in UNits 3 and 4 guys. Midday going to water out in the tight mesquite flats. Staying in thick cover trying to get in position for midday watering and holding up close by for late evening. Find trails coming outta the thick cover and wait for about 45 mins before sunset lately.

Comment

Rob just left you a voice mail and my number would love to be able to pick your brain on the TBR area for this weekend. I'll be coming in from Ft Hood to hunt with a buddy from San Angelo. Also thought maybe we could meet up for a lunch / beer or something either Saturday or Sunday

Comment

Well, how'd it go?

Hey guys, anyone see any deer or take anything at TBR opening weekend? I saw lots of Turkey but decided to wait. It was early in the AM and early in the season. They will be back.

Comment

Saw a few but never got a shot presented on Sunday and nothing on Saturday

Comment

any news on tbr this season?

Comment

For SABOWMAN

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                          Been seeing lots of deer in UNits 3 and 4 guys. Midday going to water out in the tight mesquite flats. Staying in thick cover trying to get in position for midday watering and holding up close by for late evening. Find trails coming outta the thick cover and wait for about 45 mins before sunset lately.
                          My family and I just moved to San Angelo bought a place on FM2166. Would like to meet up and get the lay of the land out at TBR. Need to knock the rust off my bowhunting skills, but want to get out a few times this season. Having my four wheeler brought up from San Antonio in a couple of weeks, so maybe we could hook up and go check out the lay of the land. My wife and teenager are ready to go, but I really want to know more about TBR before taking them out and setting them up to hunt.

Toby

Comment

Originally posted by TXHORNZ View Post
                            Hey guys, anyone see any deer or take anything at TBR opening weekend? I saw lots of Turkey but decided to wait. It was early in the AM and early in the season. They will be back.
                            My buddy and I were covered up in hundreds of turkey all wknd but held off for deer. Finally airred out a couple birds on Saturday , missed a doe yesterday evening, and spotted some exotics. Shot my turkey at 40yds after passing on a doe that wouldnt give me a decent shot. Got whole thing on film but still need to edit this week. Very fun weekend of hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
                              Saw a few but never got a shot presented on Sunday and nothing on Saturday
                              I tried calling you and left a message. Lemmee know next time ya come to town. I'll show ya some good stuff. I still have a few secret spots I told show many people out there

Comment

SAB, glad to hear you had a couple of eventful hunts. Going tomorrow evening. Probably take a turkey if they are around this time. Gonna be warm. Looking forward to later this week. Its going to be a little cooler with possibly rain/overcast. NICE!

Comment

Working...
                                X