• Show
Clear All

Nice job Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post

Tammy finaly connected with the buck she was after
      EXCELLENT Buck. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Comment

So what's the word with everyone else on Ft. Hood? Lot of nice bucks being shot I see.......at least by one family in particular...... Also saw that Dirk shot a nice 12 point with a third main beam. Can't wait to get back in 2 weeks and get out there. Maybe I will get lucky this year and finally score a nice Texas buck. Shoot.....right now I just need meat in the freezer, so hopefully there will still be some does left up north and I see a nice spike. If not i will just have to stick with the PORK chops for now.....LMAO......Good luck all and see you in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Been thinking bout doing some hunting at hood next yr and got some questions that you guys might know the answers too

1. 4x4 only area- I've heard cant use atvs there but does that include UTV's as well, like rhinos etc. Got a 04 Dodge 3500 4x4 dually but Im not scratching her up lol

2. saw that chain-ons cant be tagged as permanent stands, but can they still be left out there??

3. Are there any better maps of the area?? Im guessing the sportsmen center would have that but Im almost 4hrs from there so not gonna drive up just for a map.

4. Registering firearms- saw where you cant bring them on base without registering them but can you bring them on WHEN you show up to register?

Sorry for long post but figured somebody might could answer them

Comment

Way to go Tammy!!! That's a nice one for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by rageatvlawson View Post
              Been thinking bout doing some hunting at hood next yr and got some questions that you guys might know the answers too

1. 4x4 only area- I've heard cant use atvs there but does that include UTV's as well, like rhinos etc. Got a 04 Dodge 3500 4x4 dually but Im not scratching her up lol

2. saw that chain-ons cant be tagged as permanent stands, but can they still be left out there??

3. Are there any better maps of the area?? Im guessing the sportsmen center would have that but Im almost 4hrs from there so not gonna drive up just for a map.

4. Registering firearms- saw where you cant bring them on base without registering them but can you bring them on WHEN you show up to register?

Sorry for long post but figured somebody might could answer them
              Better plan on gettin some scratches on the Dodge, because the rest are not permitted.

I'm pretty sure you can leave them out. I do. I don't have chains on them though. I think chaining them up is o.k. as long as your not attempting to keep somebody else from using it, but not sure.

When you get your post permit they will issue you a map.

I think you now register your guns at the visitor's center which is before you get on post. I still wouldn't bring it with me until after I had registered. I'm a coward.

Don't expect to be able to get out every day or even every week unless you have several areas that you have scouted. Training comes first and any area that is used for training is closed for hunting.

Don't plan on using a rifle unless you are on a guided hunt, or the rifle happens to be black powder/muzzle loader.
              Last edited by EdO; 11-15-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Ed got a fine edge on the knife know, even found a extra fine stone that I will work on it tomorrow right now having a few cold ones and enjoying the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                  Ed got a fine edge on the knife know, even found a extra fine stone that I will work on it tomorrow right now having a few cold ones and enjoying the evening.
                  Glad it worked out. If you need any stones let me know, I've got a LOT of extras.

All sweaty, gonna take a shower and then have me a nice shot of the JD Single Barrel. Put some tunes on the Bose and chill out.

Comment

Just in case y'all were getting the idea that all I eat is weird food, tonight we're having homemade pizza and chicken wings.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                      Just in case y'all were getting the idea that all I eat is weird food, tonight we're having homemade pizza and chicken wings.
                      Yummy wings Ed

Comment

Wings sound good ed, think we are having breakfast for dinner if I get out of the blind early.

Comment

Better plan on gettin some scratches on the Dodge, because the rest are not permitted.

I'm pretty sure you can leave them out. I do. I don't have chains on them though. I think chaining them up is o.k. as long as your not attempting to keep somebody else from using it, but not sure.

When you get your post permit they will issue you a map.

I think you now register your guns at the visitor's center which is before you get on post. I still wouldn't bring it with me until after I had registered. I'm a coward.

Don't expect to be able to get out every day or even every week unless you have several areas that you have scouted. Training comes first and any area that is used for training is closed for hunting.

Don't plan on using a rifle unless you are on a guided hunt, or the rifle happens to be black powder/muzzle loader.

Thanks, I do plan on scouting a bunch of areas just in case my mains are closed. One more thing bout the trucks, do you know if they have to be registered and stuff. Got a old powerwagon that been tinkering with and could probably have it running soon and I dont worry bout it getting scratched/dented/...rolled lol Gonna wait till after deer season to head up and do some scouting and pig whacking if i can. Oh ya and I know no rifles, i've got a good ML for that

Comment

Originally posted by rageatvlawson View Post
                            Thanks, I do plan on scouting a bunch of areas just in case my mains are closed. One more thing bout the trucks, do you know if they have to be registered and stuff. Got a old powerwagon that been tinkering with and could probably have it running soon and I dont worry bout it getting scratched/dented/...rolled lol Gonna wait till after deer season to head up and do some scouting and pig whacking if i can. Oh ya and I know no rifles, i've got a good ML for that
                            Yes. Plus post sticker and registered at the SC for your area access pass.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                              Wings sound good ed, think we are having breakfast for dinner if I get out of the blind early.
                              Kill something. It will make you feel better. Good for the soul.

Comment

Yes. Plus post sticker and registered at the SC for your area access pass.
                                You already probably know, but you need a TX license also.

Comment

Working...
                                X