Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
    Yessir, that's him.
    From what I understand, he's changed the place quite a bit since we went. When we went, it wasn't high fenced and he was trying to hunt it all free ranging on about 600 acres (I think). Since, supposedly, he high fenced it and is buying animals. It might not be as bad as we went, but the guy's a shiester.

About the time we went, he was creating his US dominating websites, which were a copy-cat of TBH. He was starting one in EVERY other state, with the same name ... like Oklahomabowhunter.com, etc. He put up a few banners, like Cabelas, and said they were "sponsoring" him! Just a dishonest guy in my book.

thanks for the heads up

Comment

4 c's game ranch in limestone county near kosse, again pm for details.
      Last edited by DFWarcher; 07-08-2009, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        Joe's Transmission Repair and Whitetail Hunting in Detroit, Michigan....

Didn't see any deer.
        Nice!

Comment

The only place I would not return to Boazman's Quatro B. They have a nice bunk house. Thats about it!! The guide was never around. When being taken to a stand in the morning the guides dog was climbing all over you. Doug himself is all about the dollar and has zero personality IMO. Sections of the ranch are off limits to guests as they are set up with permanent feeders for family. The rest of the ranch is fed with a drop feeder on the back of a jeep which corns the entire place, not just where the stands are. I can say 4 days 5 guys, one 14" black buck seen, one decent axis seen (within the off limits area) and 2 hogs shot. Not going back.

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuck2 View Post
            The only place I would not return to Boazman's Quatro B. They have a nice bunk house. Thats about it!! The guide was never around. When being taken to a stand in the morning the guides dog was climbing all over you. Doug himself is all about the dollar and has zero personality IMO. Sections of the ranch are off limits to guests as they are set up with permanent feeders for family. The rest of the ranch is fed with a drop feeder on the back of a jeep which corns the entire place, not just where the stands are. I can say 4 days 5 guys, one 14" black buck seen, one decent axis seen (within the off limits area) and 2 hogs shot. Not going back.
            I had the same experience on a four day hunt. I would never return. PM me if you want more details.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
              Bowhunter's Paradise ... he GUARANTEED a shot opportunity ... didn't even see an exotic while on the stand.
              Really? How long ago did you hunt? His website has all kinds of statements about the hunt not being easy, you have to pay attention to scent control, the animals aren't tame, etc. I hunted bowhunter's paradise, and the hunt was all that I expected it to be, I had a great time. The food and lodging were great, and the hunting wasn't a pay-and-shoot deal. The hunt wasn't easy. I sat on stand for 25 hours total and killed a ram and a turkey. I find it hard to believe that he guaranteed you a shot opportunity. Not saying that I don't believe you, but it just doesn't seem like him to do that. Was it maybe a while back when the ranch was new? I think that the ranch has only been in operation for a few years. I will definitely be back to bowhutner's paradise when I get the chance!

Comment

30-30
                We had a TBH hunt at Bowhunter's Paradise and when we were there the hunting was very poor at that time. It was about 4 years ago when the operation was just starting. I won't go back, but if you had a good time....I am happy for you.

Comment

Mesquite Bowhunting in Pearsall was a ------- joke!!!!!!!!!!
                  NEVER GOING BACK!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Freak View Post
                    NEVER GOING BACK!!!!!!!
                    Any details why is sucked?

Comment

Didn't see any deer.

X2 and thats the last time i let you be in charge of booking us a hunt!!

Comment

Cougar Run Ranch 1... If you dont want to get scammed out of your money, i wouldnt go there.

Comment

NEVER GOING BACK!!!!!!!

I too would like to know what u didn't like? I've hunted with Gerald for 7 years now and he has always showed us a good time and we have had good success, all but on year when it greened up after a couple month drought. Still we killed a few hogs and saw a good number of exotics.

Comment

I would never go to Boazmans again. Terrible place. All he wants is your money.

Comment

I had a great hunt at Mesquite Bowhunting in Pearsall.

Speed Freak...what happened on your hunt?

Comment

Didn't see any deer.
                                There are some monster deer near Detroit, but the name shoulda gave it away LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X