People with dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People with dogs

I have dogs. In general I like dogs. But I have no love for people who take their dogs to stores and restaurants. I've been snapped at by multiple dogs in carts, jumped on by very friendly dogs and listened to some bark incessantly the whole time.
    I especially can't stand it at Home Depot and Lowes cocking their leg and whizzing on merchandise and today a pitbull dropped a deuce in the plumbing isle.
    Go on and dog pile on me (pun intended) for this point of view. But it's just ridiculous.

Gary
    Last edited by DRT; 04-06-2020, 03:41 PM.

I’ve never understood dogs in Lowe’s. I shouldn’t have to avoid an unpredictable looking Doberman while browsing stainless steel locking washers!!!

Comment

I let mine ride in the truck so he can slobber out the back window. That's about as far as it goes. Taking them into public places and on airplanes is total BS unless it is a true service animal.

Comment

...as a dog owner I am so glad I haven't seen any of that nonsense. I feel the whole support animal deal has become a debacle.

Comment

Know a guy that just paid for 5 digit vet bills because him and another "my dogs belong everywhere" person ended up at the same place together

Comment

At least the pit was in the correct aisle for dropping a deuce!

Comment

How often do you shop? I don't care for dogs in stores either, but haven't had any of those things happen to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                I have dogs. In general I like dogs. But I have no love for people who take their dogs to stores and restaurants. I've been snapped at by multiple dogs in carts, jumped on by very friendly dogs and listened to some bark incessantly the whole time.
                I especially can't stand it at Home Depot and Lowes cocking their leg and whizzing on merchandise and today a pitbull dropped a deuce in the plumbing isle.
                Go on and dog pile on me (pun intended) for this point of view. But it's just ridiculous.

Gary
                Agreed. Its rude to subject others to your dogs behavior and filth. But people dont care about anyone but themselves anymore.

Comment

People with dogs

People are idiots. They allow undisciplined dogs in public, and tell you “I can’t do anything with him!” When he humps your leg, or jumps all over you...and I’m sure if they had kids it would be the same BS. Many people are afraid of dogs. Some are allergic to them. Yet it doesn’t seem to matter as long as an ignorant pet lover can do as they please. I recently walked into a husqvarna dealership to buy a chainsaw..I walk to the counter, feel something push on my leg and looked down to see a half grown Pitt on a leash. I said “hey boy”, and that “pet” jumped at my face and started hammer barking trying to get to me. The owner keep pulling him back, and the guy behind the counter came around and helped him. They both dragged him to a room in the back, where he continued to bark and growl. I asked the owner if he was OK with having that in his store. He said “well, he’s a customer too...” then asked if he could help me. I told him no thanks. I got another shop right down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Gary
                    I'm generally the same way. BUT, I will tell you this. If someone's dog snaps at me without provocation, it's getting hammer fisted on top of the head. And if the owner snaps, they will get it too. And that ain't internet tough talk. IT WILL HAPPEN. Control your dogs, or leave them at home.

Comment

I have a hard enough finding help when I need it at lowes. The last thing I want to have to jack with is my dog. I agree with you.

Comment

I don't mind the dogs as much as I do their Crumber Crunchers drooling, sneezing, touching, crying, and the list goes on everywhere.

Comment

The only time I will take my dog into a store is when I am traveling to the lease in the summer. I've been known to take my Bloodhound into a feed store, but that is it.

Comment

I only take my dog inside HD and Lowe’s when it’s really hot , and only because the staff doesn’t know where anything is and it takes me to long to find the stuff I need
                            When we had a mom and pop lumber yard “randy” and his family knew where everything was and I could be in and out in short order, but HD ran them out of business after 80 years of service to our town so my dog can **** on Home Depot like they **** on our town

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                              I only take my dog inside HD and Lowe’s when it’s really hot , and only because the staff doesn’t know where anything is and it takes me to long to find the stuff I need
                              When we had a mom and pop lumber yard “randy” and his family knew where everything was and I could be in and out in short order, but HD ran them out of business after 80 years of service to our town so my dog can **** on Home Depot like they **** on our town
                              Exact reason I attempt to spend as many $$$$ I can at ACE. They (for the most part) have great customer service and still know where items are.

Comment

Working...
                              X