Working Man's Bow Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working Man's Bow Ranch

Anyone been there? How is it? Thinking of booking a trip there.

Buncha drunks

Comment

I;ve been there several times. Shot pigs most the time. It was better before they got the longhorn in there that smashes all the feeder motors. Was there in Jan for 2 sits in different stands with my cousin and never had a feeder go off. THey have pigs though!

Comment

I have debated it several times, but never committed.

Comment

Well with less than stellar recommendations on here, I choose to book somewhere else. I've got people coming in from out of state and do not want to disappoint any of them.
          Thanks for the replys.

Comment

Don't know why he calls himself the Workin Man's Bow Ranch. His prices reek.

Comment

Originally posted by ProV1 View Post
              X2

Comment

If you're in the DFW area you're close to Skylar at Diamond C. Sure to be a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
                  If you're in the DFW area you're close to Skylar at Diamond C. Sure to be a good time.
                  I have found cheaper hunts than the Diamond C for sure, but never had as much fun anywhere else. It was money well spent!!

Comment

What are you looking to shoot? Rocky ridge outfitters is one of the finest in texas and has some of the best prices around. You will not be disappointed its a great place and has tons of animals.

Comment

Originally posted by ProV1 View Post
                      Do you think the pig prices are bad? I've only chased pigs out there, but its been the most consistent day lease I've pig hunted on. I had a blackbuck and a small oryx come in my last sit there, but wasn't interested in either. Its fairly close to the house so I've never stayed at the camphouse either so I can't comment there. He has so many hunters now its hard to find a gap in between groups to let it settle down a bit and slip out there for a day!

Comment

Originally posted by meredj View Post
                        What are you looking to shoot? Rocky ridge outfitters is one of the finest in texas and has some of the best prices around. You will not be disappointed its a great place and has tons of animals.
                        This one looks nice as well. I might have to inquire about a whitetail hunt there later in the year.
                        I've already booked my trip in June.

Comment

Guess I am spoiled by the places you pay for the hunt andno kill fee. Working Mans advertised prices are $350 a weekend and $1850 kill fee for an Axis that comes to $2200. Diamon C (website is blocked here at work) is $450 a day on weekends with no kill fee for an Axis hunt. So it is less than half, even if you have to go twice to get one it comes out cheaper.

Comment

BugScuffle

The BugScuffle is under $600 for axis with no kill fee.

Comment

Bottomline is that there are MANY ranches with a lower price on most animals than WMBR, only difference is that they don't claim to be just what the name of the outfit implies!

Comment

Working...
                              X