light my curb at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

light my curb at night

looking for ideas to light the step down from sidewalk to street at night. my FIL is 93 and has hard time seeing the step down.

How about some solar powered landscape lights?

Comment

I would go with low voltage landscape lights. I have never had solar last the entire night. To some it wouldn't matter but if you are an early riser it would be dark. The low voltage wire is easy to bury.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
        I would go with low voltage landscape lights. I have never had solar last the entire night. To some it wouldn't matter but if you are an early riser it would be dark. The low voltage wire is easy to bury.
        More options here as well. Downlights for steps, spot lights, etc. Can tailor your choices to fit the space.

Comment

I have several of these solar powered lights throughout my property. (i.e. on side of shop, carport and front entrance) and they work great. Tons of light and no batteries to ever deal with.

They have 3 mode settings. 1 is a regular security light that turns on with motion. 2.Permanent On all night mode and 3 the Light stays all night and turns brighter when it detects motion.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
            How about some solar powered landscape lights?
            +1

Comment

I got a set of these on the front of my house.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fdfbdfbdfbmnm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	24632264

Very bright. They are motion activated and stay on for 30 sec.

Comment

Some neighbors have almost flat/flush LED lights on their driveways. I keep forgetting to ask where they got them but they sound perfect for your application. I'll see what I can find out about them.

Comment

They look similar to this but lower profile:
                  Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Comment

Working...
                  X