Video Editing Software for MAC Users - Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Editing Software for MAC Users - Recommendations

I once had a windows based computer and learned how to edit hunting videos fairly decently using Pinnacle Studio HD. This was in 2010-11-12-13. However, I have been using a MAC for several years since then, and have yet to find a video editing program that's user friendly. I video all of my hunts, but those hunts have just been sitting on the camera sd cards. I use the camera to look at shot placement immediately after the shot, then leave the video saved to the card so I edit the video and save it to my youtube "one day."

I want to be able to at least:
    -slow mo shots
    -add words to the screen
    -add music
    -cut areas out of original video

What are yall using on your MAC's?

I haven't had Macs for a few years...but I did all that with iMovie

Comment

Check out Lightworks.

It's free to DL and you can export video in 720

Exporting 1080 and up requires you to buy the program. This is an extensive program so do some research on it first. I tried quite a few and this one works best for me. It will do everything you need it to and more.

Comment

I thought I was going to a filmer and when I did I used the lightworks program and thought it was a pretty good program

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I see that i do currently have iMovie pre-installed on my MAC. I’m going to play with that a little to see what it’s capabilities are.

The light works looks awesome but also looks a little intimidating as far as the learning curve.

I’m determined to get back to making these videos so I’ll keep at it. I’m pretty sure I’ll end up using one of these two suggestions, so thank you again.

~Jay~

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOxojlWTao"]iMovie Tutorial for Beginners - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

You can do everything you're wanting with imovie like aid above. Depending on how far you plan on going with the editing, adobe premiere on a Mac has endless capabilities.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	84EDAA9F-D223-4812-9415-2F8E39A289CE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	24625033

This was from my son who works for Apple and makes videos professionally

Comment

Thank you Chew. That’s very helpful.

~Jay~

Comment

Originally posted by JWHunt View Post
                    [ATTACH]1012376[/ATTACH]

This was from my son who works for Apple and makes videos professionally

Thank you.

~Jay~

Comment

Working...
                    X