Employee attendance incentive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this sounds crazy, but we are entertaining some different ideas to try and mitigate our employee call offs. right now I have 70 guys in the plant and we are averaging about 6.5 call offs a day. I know it sounds crazy to have to entice employees to show up to work. anyone have any experience or work for a company that does anything like this?

Man i wish lol. If i called in that much i'd be canned. That said, if my guyys called in that much, i'd can them as well.

Comment

I worked at a plant that gave $25 gift cards at the end of the year for perfect attendance. Problem was, if you called off, you got paid a full days wage, if you didn't call off, you got $25. It didn't work.

I also worked for a company that gave you 4 pd sick days a year. EVERYONE called off 4 days a year. NO ONE called off 5 days a year. It worked.

Where I am now, there is no penalty. People hardly ever show up. [emoji44]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm having trouble understanding the problem.

Are you a supervisor?

There's basically very few justifiable reasons for not showing up for your job.
        If your absence isn't due to one of those, we can find another to replace you.

Comment

Sounds like need some new employees. I used to work in a warehouse and it was like this, but never did they do any type or enticing employees. The said the paycheck and paying your bills should be enough incentive.

Comment

Wow, losing 10% of your workforce daily sure seems high. Can you not just fire them, seems like that would be incentive enough.

Comment

We have a program at our plant that rewards all the employees with a increase in one- day vacations the following year based on attendance from the previous year. It has helped, but you still have the ones that just don't show up. HR takes care of them eventual.

Comment

We have 96 hours personal time per year, if you don't use it you get paid for it at the end of the year. We have very few call ins.

Comment

Let 3 or 4 go and make examples out of them. If the rest care about there job, they will stop calling in.

Comment

9.3% of the employees fail to show up every single day? No amount of incentive will make up for this leadership void, ever.

Comment

All this time, I thought the incentive to come to work was a paycheck.

Comment

That number seems extremely high to me, how many paid days off does your company give their employees?

In my opinion, an incentive or reward for doing your job is crazy. I would rewards the guys that you don’t have to incentivize to do what they are getting paid to do, and fire the rest. I’d rather go to war with 50 warriors than 200 dictionary salesmen. More isn’t always more
                        Last edited by jaker_cc; 08-02-2019, 08:35 AM.

Comment

A person's paid time off is their time, if a company doesn't like them using it then don't give it to them.

Now 10% of your staff being off every day seems like a deeper problem way beyond people using their time off in a normal way... I don't think an incentive is going to solve that.

Comment

Wow! I have been working full time for 27 years. I called in once. I thought I was dying that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                              I'm having trouble understanding the problem.

Are you a supervisor?

There's basically very few justifiable reasons for not showing up for your job.
                              If your absence isn't due to one of those, we can find another to replace you.
                              I am the operations manager

new hires get 5 PTO days @ 90 days
                              we have a point system an un-excused absence = 1 point late or leave early you get 1/3 of a point. when you hit seven points your terminated.
                              we have a really good group of guys, but that bottom 10% drags us down.
                              we have employee about 80% welders, the rest are painters, assemblers and machine operators. we pay very competitively for our area.

Comment

Working...
                              X