Need to re seal my driveway info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to re seal my driveway info

It's time for me to re seal my driveway, I have had the contractors spray it the past two times and it will last about two years between coats. The drive is 13ft wide and 350ft long, should I them spray or me brush? I have heard that brush on is much better, it will take about 16 buckets(5gal) to do it. Need advice.

Last edited by Radar; 01-10-2020, 09:41 PM.

Mines about 150’ longer and I brushed/squeegeed it on. It took a couple days to finish and my back still hurts. Lol. Not sure on longevity as I just did it a few months ago. It looks great, and seems like it will be durable. I guess time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Mines about 150’ longer and I brushed/squeegeed it on. It took a couple days to finish and my back still hurts. Lol. Not sure on longevity as I just did it a few months ago. It looks great, and seems like it will be durable. I guess time will tell.
      How long does it take to dry?

Comment

I just finished a driveway in your area, I’ve got left over material from that job that I’ll make you a great deal on

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
          I just finished a driveway in your area, I’ve got left over material from that job that I’ll make you a great deal on

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            How long does it take to dry?
            I can’t remember exactly how long it said to stay off it, we gave it overnight and it was fine. I think a lot has to do with temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
              Are you a gypsy?

Comment

Originally posted by lfd2037 View Post
                are you a gypsy?
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                  Are you a gypsy?

I’ve got a buddy of mine in the business and we call him John the gypsy. We have talked about him being a gypsy but haven’t got into why they are in the industry.

What’s the deal on gypsy’s and the asphalt business?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I watched a show where the gypsy's laid asphalt. They called it black gold

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                      I’ve got a buddy of mine in the business and we call him John the gypsy. We have talked about him being a gypsy but haven’t got into why they are in the industry.

Just an easy scam for them. There’s a bunch in Tarrant County.

Comment

A seal coat should last longer than two years look into chip sealing.. but you might not want small rock on the drive way.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                          A seal coat should last longer than two years look into chip sealing.. but you might not want small rock on the drive way.
                          I dont think that spray on stuff lasts in the sun. I think that stuff McCoys sells has a ten year warranty, but it has to be brushed on. I need to get some stuff done around here before hunting season starts and this is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

I hear ya man. I went up to Spearfish, South Dakota one time to pick up a paving machine for a guy only to find out, on the way back, that he was a gypsy. He tried to crawfish on paying me, but after we discussed it a little further, he understood where he had gone wrong.

Radar...sorry for highjacking your thread, but to answer your original question, I have no idea.
                            Last edited by Hillbilly Rockstar; 08-02-2019, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X