Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Long or Short Stabilizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long or Short Stabilizer

Doing some research on stabilizers and i'm shooting a 2018 Elite Ritual with a bee stinger. Question is should I switch to a longer stabilizer for better balance?
    What has your experience been with stabilizers?

If you’re going to run longer than 8” on the front then I would make sure you have a side stabilizer as well... I have a ritual 35, I run a 10” on the front with 2 ounces, 8” on the side with 4 ounces and 5 arrow tight spot quiver... money set up!

Comment

Short answer. Yes it’ll help with a longer stabilizer with weight on the end

How long you can go depends on how you hunt. Treestands you can get away with a longer bar, ground blinds not so much. I shot a 8.5” bee stinger with the quick detach and had no issues in ground blinds. I haven’t got into the side bar stuff yet, so I can’t give a opinion on that. That said a bee stinger is a good stabilizer, order some extra weights for it and just putting them on and see what feels best for you

Comment

I dont use one, but I was told once that if it is under 12” it isnt going to help alot.

Comment

I run a 15" BeeStinger off the front, with a 12" backbar. I can definitely tell a difference in how steady it is and how slow the pin float is. It has never gotten in the way. I think as long as it isn't longer than a nocked arrow, you should have no problems.
          Attached Files

Comment

So I’ve always shot with a b stinger between 10”-12”. Recently I forgot my stabilizer while shooting and realized it about halfway through adjusting my sight to accommodate the difference. I was already at 40 yards so I was irritated until it dawned on me that not only was I shooting lights out, the bow was MUCH lighter and easier to shoot.

I did a little research and learned you don’t need a stabilizer lol. It’s beneficial in a lot of instances but for some it’s not. I decided to buy a little 3” k-tech and shoot it today and I broke two nocks and split an arrow it’s so accurate out to 30 yards. I’ll keep shooting and see if it is still as accurate out to 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

have always shot with a 6" stabilizer. decided to go to a 8" this season on my new bow. honestly cant tell a difference between the 2 lengths.

Comment

Any preferred brands? I had a limbsaver coil on there. helps with vibration some but I am looking to "stabilize" things some more

Comment

Originally posted by kdm015 View Post
                    Any preferred brands? I had a limbsaver coil on there. helps with vibration some but I am looking to "stabilize" things some more
                    Bee stinger is good. Lots and lots of brands out there.

If your interested I can send you a dead ringer stabilizer for basically free. Either cover shipping or I’ll split with you

You should be able to tell a difference with anything you put on your bow, since they limbsaver is so light

Comment

I’m enjoying the beestinger microhex, running a back bar only right now. Any of their counterslides are good for figuring out exactly what you want in terms of front back length/weight distribution.

Comment

Just for looks.

Comment

Working...
                        X