No announcement yet.

Newton, Jasper, Orange and Jefferson county kill pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be in Newton Saturday on a creek bottom full of white oaks hoping something strolls by! Temperatures are getting right.

Comment

Looking forward to a lot of SETx pics this weekend.

Comment

With the moon almost full I bet mid day will pay off for someone. Hope yall kill a big one. I'm working until Monday.

Comment

I hunted yesterday evening. Passed a good,I believe, 4 year old 8 point that I have scoring 132-134". It was very tempting, and has very similar characteristics from an 8 point I shot 6 years ago that scored 148". One brow about 7 inches and one about 4.5 inches. The buck I killed 6 years ago had one that was 10 and one that was 6. Have too many mature deer to be taking a deer that could really blow up with a couple more years.

Comment

Gander, you got the spot

Comment

Cold front just hit! 22 degree temp change in 10 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yessir it feels down right wonderful.

Comment

Got a pic of a Brute 8 pt, but I dont have permission to share it

Comment

Hunted this morning, didn't expect much with the wind gusting how it was. About 8:20 had a yearling doe come in followed my a solid 5 year old ten point. I had him scored 136-140". He had been running with the deer I've been trying to kill this year so I passed on him and waited. He meandered around in front of me for about 15 minutes before he chased a doe off. I did notice that his right eye is freshly gouged out. May end up regretting passing on him but I'm on a mission for one particular deer currently so that's what I, going to stick to for now.

Comment

Gander is in the wheel house. No other reports? I wont see the woods till Thursday. Post your kills

Comment

My daughter and I sat yesterday evening to try to get her a shot at her first deer, shortly after we got in the stand the perfect candidate stepped out, a little 3pt. She took her time but somehow managed to barely clip his backstrap..... lesson learned, we will be better prepared next time. I tried to take her up this morning with no luck so I went and sat solo hoping to see a big 10pt I have been watching on camera. The 8 point that I wanted my little girl to shoot showed up early, ate and eased off. 20 minutes later a doe that has been giving me hell decided she wanted to come eat. After a 15 minute production of her doing everything but actually blowing she made the mistake of giving me a chance to draw and the rest is history. #1 for the season is now in the cooler! Hopefully I can get my little one on the 8pt this evening before the rut fires up and he changes his pattern.

Comment

Bucks on my place still seem to be nocturnal. I’m hoping the new moon gives me better opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If someone would text me I have a pic to share. Buck was killed in Newton cty409....781,,,,2639

Comment

Congrats Justin

Comment

Per mr. Calvin.

Comment

Working...
                                X