Youth Rifle Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Rifle Question

I have a full sized Savage Model 11 7mm08. I want a rifle that my kids can shoot as they get older. I am debating whether to sell/trade my 7mm08 and buy a youth sized rifle, or buy a youth sized stock for the 7mm08. Any suggestions?

Also, if you suggest a youth sized stock for my 7mm08, any recommendations for where to find one?

I'd drop it in a tactical "AR style" chasis. They're highly adjustable, as the kids get older you can adjust it accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
      I'd drop it in a tactical "AR style" chasis. They're highly adjustable, as the kids get older you can adjust it accordingly.
      Not a bad idea, but I already have an AR15 in a 223 and I'm not a big fan of the look of the AR style chassis. I wanted a more traditional look for this rifle. I don't care if its wood or synthetic stock, I just don't want an AR stock for this rifle.

Comment

Take a look at the Boyd AT One stock.

Boyds At-One Adjustable Gunstock allows you to custom fit your gun quickly and easily. Precisely adjust your gun’s butt, comb, and grip for a truly comfortable fit.

Comment

Just food for thought, Savage youth rifles comes with a $50.00 off coupon for a full size stock, so when the time comes it reduces some of the cost. Just don’t buy a .223 like I did, shoulda gone .243 or larger. Guess my son will have a predator gun. I mean it’s effective for whitetail, but that’s about as large of game I’m comfortable with him shooting with it and it’s probably just a matter of time before we lose one due to lack of blood trail

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
            Take a look at the Boyd AT One stock.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/at-one
            I will second the boyds At One stock.

My kids absolutely loved it and it fit me also. For the money its pretty hard to beat. It is a little heavy so that should absorb a little recoil also. I would think 7-08 would be fine in that stock.

Comment

The 7mm08 is a great kid gun caliber. My granddaughter started with one at age 12. I got the Savage axis, compact stock with 20 in. barrel. LOP is good for smaller shooters, and short barrel helps with weight and length. If you reload you can throttle back as well.

Comment

Keep the gun you have. Low recoil and it's a deer killing machine.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

keep the gun get a stock

Comment

keep the gun get a stock

Comment

What Xman59 said...buy another wooden stock and cut it down to size.

After a while you can put the original back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        What Xman59 said...buy another wooden stock and cut it down to size.

After a while you can put the original back on.
                        Other than Boyd's, where's the best place to get a wooden stock?

Comment

ebay...amazon... get one used fairly cheap.

I think I got an old 10/22 stock off ebay a while back.n
                          gunbrokers maybe?

lotta times I just google the item & see what pops up. sometimes ya gotta go down several rabbit holes to find one.

Comment

numrich arms

Comment

Working...
                            X