What Bass Boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Bass Boat?

There are so many brands. These three seem to have been around the longest.
    I know there are a bunch more. If you where to buy a new boat what would you buy and why?
    Ranger
    Skeeter
    Charger

For me it would be:

Phoenix
    Skeeter
    Bass Cat

Comment

Bass cat. Good all around boats and great customer service.

Comment

Skeeter.. anything other than a skeeter is just a nitro!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
          Skeeter.. anything other than a skeeter is just a nitro!
          Couldn't agree more.

Comment

If my budget was unlimited...

Ranger Z521L
            Skeeter FX 21
            Triton TRX 21

Obviously my budget do have a limit so I own a 2017 Nitro Z18

Comment

My buddy that bass finishes a lot has had 2 Basscat’s and loved them both. I thought they were exceptionally well built boats and with the amount of research he does before he buys something they must be good.

Comment

Can't beat an old Champion if it's in good condition and their willing to sell.

I've had a Basscat. Was a great boat with a crappy motor, MERC.

Have a Skeeter now. It's been a great boat.

I've heard a lot of good things about Pheonix.

IMO, get a Yamaha SHO and Minn kota Ultrex on what ever you get.

Comment

Bass cat hands down tuff fast smooth and a dry ride .

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                    I've had a Basscat. Was a great boat with a crappy motor, MERC.

Have a Skeeter now. It's been a great boat.

I've heard a lot of good things about Pheonix.

IMO, get a Yamaha SHO and Minn kota Ultrex on what ever you get.
                    I took the Champion comment out, they are getting old now and hard to find, plus they had some wood in them pending certain year models. This post here is spot on IMO. It all comes down to budget. If you're buying new then that may change up my list. I feel that a Yamaha and Ultrex are key components on a boat. There are some Yamaha motors to stay away from that had powerhead issues.

If buying new, I think the Skeeter is the best value.

Comment

They all make good boats and you will get opinions on all of them with this thread.
                      If you plan to tourney fish look at which brand pays the best contingency money for the trail you are gonna fish. Ie FLW=Ranger, Bass Champs- Skeeter.

Whatever you do try to get a four stroke engine and an Ultrex

Comment

Depends on what’s important to you. Rough water ride go with a Phoenix or Charger is making the champion 210 as they bought the molds. If you want room and fit and finish you can’t go wrong with a Ranger ( I have a 2018 z521c). If you want speed go with basscat or Phoenix or bullet. All makers make about the same quality as the other nowadays so it’s whatever appeals to you personally. These are my opinions and I’m around boats a lot in tournaments and friends that have different brands so that’s what I base it off of. My ranger is huge inside but a Phoenix will blow by me in rough water. Skeeter has a great fishing platform (ran them for 11 years) but are rough and the new ones have a lot of issues with quality. When I buy another it will be a Phoenix or a Falcon.

Comment

Skeeter
                          Basscat
                          Phoenix
                          And maybe falcon

Will be what I’m looking when I’m ready to buy

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Skeeter I wouldn’t even look at any others.

Comment

Yamaha 250 Sho is a must. As well as ULTREX. Charger 210 Elite and ZX 250 Skeeter are the front runners. Have not seen the Charger in person. I do understand everyone everyone option is different. Re-sale is important factory. My Last boat the company was belly up within 2 years of purchase. It was a Zuma 19’ with 150. This time around 21’ and 250 are on the list.

Comment

Working...
                              X