Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dang new Fords have new MCASE slotted fuses!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang new Fords have new MCASE slotted fuses!!!

Any of y'all had to replace a fuse in the new Fords?? I blew the 25 amp trailer light fuse... Sucker is a special mini cartridge fuse, MCASE SLOTTED fuse... Cannot find them anywhere!! Auto parts folks have an unslotted version but it won't fit... Went to Randall Reed Planet Ford in Humble, stood at the dang parts counter and typical of Randall Reed Ford, got ZERO help... 2 guys behind the counter. One playing on his computer, the other chatting it up with some lady, then a third service rep comes in and joins in the chat... No one even acknowledged I was even in the room!! Finally after nearly 20 minutes of just standing out front of the counter and being ignored, I left...

Anyone know where I can get these dang little fuses? I'm about ready for the old bare copper wire or tinfoil fix!!

No idea where to get one, but do you know why the fuse blew?

Comment

SWS, looks like they may be at battery warehouses, if you have one locally. Other than that Amazon is your only bet.

Comment

Try NAPA Charlie the pt. no. is BK 7825544

Comment

paperclip

Comment

My dealership is worthless also!!!!! my local Napa is better for stuff like this

Comment

Yea, I usually go to NAPA first... They have the non-slotted version, but told me the slotted is a "dealer item"... I can find pics of them on line, but nowhere to buy them... Amazon has the non-slotted versions as well. I'd love to find somewhere to get one of those assorted kits... Wirzer pictures a kit, but have yet to find anywhere I can buy it... I don't understand why they would want to change from the normal bladed style that is so common now... Those suckers work perfect in about every application and they are small, little footprint, etc...

Comment

I have some that I think I either got them at WalMart or Harbor Freight in Humble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No way in hell am I standing around for 20 minutes.. ...I'm speaking up after a few in the scene you described. Especially since I already made the effort to go there. I would get great satisfaction from busting up Fabio and his lady friend's party..

Comment

Jason, I thought about it, and there was a day when I'd have made a scene... Guess bein' a GOF sometimes has a mellowing effect on ya... I knew better than to even set foot in the place, but I figured that a simple fuse would not be a problem... WRONG... It's Randall Reed I knew better!

Comment

Autozone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Like this?

Comment

No extra fuses in box or glove compartment?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Go back to Randall Reed and take one for a "test drive". Take a couple for a test drive and get you some spares.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post

Like this?
                              No. Looks like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MCASE Slotted Fuse.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	24578814

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                              No extra fuses in box or glove compartment?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
                              Nope... You'd think they'd put some somewhere for what these new trucks cost today!!

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                              Go back to Randall Reed and take one for a "test drive". Take a couple for a test drive and get you some spares.
                              That'd be a great idea, except my conscience would bug me so bad, I couldn't do it!

Comment

Working...
                              X