Time to quit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to quit

It has been 35 years or so since I picked up my 1st can of Copenhagen. I have tried to quit once or twice in the past but failed....I think I really didn't want to. I have a very strong want to not ever take another pinch but admittedly, the nicotine really has a hold on me, but I am determined that this is the time I can break the nicotine choke hold and wont be a slave to tobacco anymore.

I made the decision on Sunday to quit. I picked up the nicotine patches and when my Amazon order for the "coffee pouches" arrived yesterday afternoon, I threw away my "hopefully" last can of Copenhagen.
    I've had the patch on since 4:00am this morning and a coffee pouch in my lip ……..so far so good but its only been a couple hours. I know I'll always be addicted but if I can get through the first 2-3 days, it should hopefully get easier.

positive vibes would be appreciated

Like those grinds the cinnamon roll taste good to me.

Comment

You'll never regret quitting. The biggest motivating factor for me to quit was realizing how much I was a slave to it. It was always on my mind, and affected all of my decisions about where I was going to go and what I was going to do. Just think about how nice it will be when you are no longer consumed by it. Stick with it!

Comment

I have had a roll and a half in the freezer since last September that I haven't touched. I loved dipping snuff, can a day for 18 years, but you will never quit unless you want to. So you wanting to quit is half the battle.

Good luck brother

Comment

You can do it!
          I started at 16 and quit cold turkey about 18 years later. That was around 11 years ago and I haven't missed it.

Prayers for you as that is truly what got me to quit.

Comment

Good luck. Good on ya for wanting to shake it!

Comment

By quitting you will probably save a ton of money
              $6 X 365 =2190
              Nice trip , a cool hunt or a fatter wallet
              Good motivation

Comment

I gave it up years ago. Really glad I did. I am lucky in the fact that I do not have an addictive personality so I was able to quit cold turkey. Good luck!

Comment

Keep strong, you do not NEED it. Been since 2/4/19 smoke free for me.

Comment

You got this!! As others have said, "wanting to quit" is half the battle. Just believe in yourself and you will make it. I put it down almost 3 years ago after 15 yrs.

Comment

16 months free here after 28 years. I'm not going to tell you it was very easy for the first couple of months. Hardest of course was after meals and while driving on longer trips. For me, it was a lot of gum and staying busy (especially after a meal). You can do it if your mind is set. Mine never was so I never tried to quit. When I made up my mind, I have succeeded.

Good luck and try to not obsess with it!

Comment

I quit a 37 year habit 3 years ago. To say the first week is tough is a understatement. I Carried a can of jerky snuff for about 3 months just so I would have that can panic. Hang in there, one of test decision I ever had was quieting .

Comment

Im 45, and I started dipping when I was 15. I quit twice during the years but always started back within a few months. I made my mind up not to buy or bum any. That was 8 years ago, so it can be done!
                          Prayers for you on this journey!!!

Comment

Good luck to ya

Comment

I quit again about two months ago. I used Smokey mountain snuff for a couple of weeks to help wean myself off the habit. Praying about it actually helped me as well

Comment

Working...
                              X