New BowTechs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    No doubt. I dont pay attention to all that stuff anymore so i didn't know. I just hunt.

Season 3 for my RPM. Original limbs. Should I be concerned or am I good at this point?

I wonder what the percentage is of failed limbs? 80% or 1%?
    100% for me

Comment

All new bows have the new in house limbs. The reason you still see it is because not all those bows that went out the door had new limbs prior to the Reign bow. If you would like more info on this let me know. My better half works for Bowtech. I'll be heading out today to go shoot the new bows. May trade one of the Reigns in on the Realm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No doubt. I dont pay attention to all that stuff anymore so i didn't know. I just hunt.

Season 3 for my RPM. Original limbs. Should I be concerned or am I good at this point?

I wonder what the percentage is of failed limbs? 80% or 1%?
        Well here’s a story concerning an RPM 360. Guys were up at the shop doing inventory late last month. Heard a sound similar to a golf ball hitting the side of the building. Couldn’t find anything outside or inside. Next day was inventory of Bowtechs. The sound was an RPM 360 that had the limbs crater hanging on the peg. Bow had never been fired.

Only concern I’d have is if you’re not the original owner for warranty purposes.

Comment

So far the only issue I have had in about 12 years of shooting BowTechs was this year and it was "self inflicted" When we returned from Africa I was taking my bow ( Reign 6 ) out of the case and I noticed a very small nick in the top limb just above the limb bolt. It looked like I had bumped the limb on something. ( could have been from the baggage handlers throwing the case around ) I contacted BowTech, sent them pics, admitted it was my fault, and 3 days later have a new set of limbs for it. I know others have had bad things happen with their bow, but I am confident the new solid core limbs are going to go a long way in resolving the limb issue.

Comment

still shooting my 07 guardian without a problem...

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
              I have never owned a Bowtech and have only shot one of the older models a few times. Just by chance I got to shoot the Realm X 3-4 times. In those few shots (so take it for what it’s worth) this is what I noticed:

I like the length and balance of it. (I like hunting bows in the 32-35” range.)

For me the weight is about right for a hunting bow. (I like heavier bows… this isn’t as heavy as the Halon 32.)

I really liked the grip. It was squared and thin.

The draw was nice and consistent, with a good back wall.

It did have a slight kick back on the bottom. Nothing bad and the bow was not decked out with a sight or stabilizers.

The other thing that was noticed is how quiet it is.

If I were Bowtech I would own the past Limb problems and put a strong pitch on how good these are. That seems to be the first thing that comes to mind when their brand is brought up. I know it is for me.
              I currently shoot a 2007 Allegiance, I stopped by the shop yesterday to shoot the Realm and Reign 6. It wasn't a perfect comparison because the Reign had 60 lb limbs compared to the 70 lb on the Realm. But I second everything Miller said about shooting the Realm and add that the one I shot had the hostage rest on it and it weighed right at 4.5lbs

In comparing to the Reign, I felt the Realm was lighter, faster and quieter. To me there wasn't much difference in the draw other than what I mentioned earlier about draw weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                100% for me
                0% for me.

We are at 50%.

Comment

Still own it with a new pair of limbs but this set was only a month old. Insanity cpx, glad to see they're going solid now. I will say though that they took care of me. I got a new set of axles, cams, limbs, basically everything but a new riser at no charge to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The customer service is top notch providing you are the original owner and you have your bow registered. And again, yes there are/were limb problems, but they are working thru it.

Comment

The new Realm and Realm X are legit. I liked the Realm a little better because of hand shock on the X (it was slight). Super smooth. Fast (340) and quiet. The only thing I didn’t care for was the grip. There’s a hole in it on the side and felt a bit weird but I could get used to it. Y’all go check em out.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
                        The customer service is top notch providing you are the original owner and you have your bow registered. And again, yes there are/were limb problems, but they are working thru it.
                        My bow was one of the original recalled insanity lot due to peeling finish on the limbs. They considered the separation of the replacement limbs a "second strike" and told me if I ever had another issue with the bow they would replace it with the equivalent of their market at the time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tht limb issue stuff was years ago.

The Reign 7 was the first bow to EVER win both major awards for bow of the year. EVER.

Diehard Bowtech guy huh? Look anywhere...problems everywhere. Not "years ago".

Comment

What's real world fps on the realms with a hunting weight arrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                              What's real world fps on the realms with a hunting weight arrow?
                              I will report back shortly

Comment

RealmX looks sweet. If I buy a new one it’s on the short list.

Comment

Working...
                                X