Bowtech explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    Bows don't blow up. People blow up bows.
    **it happens.
    No bow manufacturer is immune.
    If you are original buyer, the warranty will take care of you.
    If you bought used, ......Oh Well

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg'13 View Post
      Wasn't left in the heat and these limbs are only about a month old.
      What happened to the limbs before this set?

Comment

Bows don't blow up. People blow up bows.

Comment

Yep, mine came unmanufactured on me twice. Warrantied both times... second time, I just let warranty fix it and sold it as a like new bow... I loved the bow and shot it well, but that was it for me and Bowtech... My first modern wheelie cam bow was a Mathews switchback and it was about a week old when it had a splinter of glass start to separate from the rest of the limb... Bow Zone switched those limbs out and that was the last time I had an issue with the various Mathews coming unmanufactured... I'm shooting Mathews again.

Comment

I've seen 3 bows blow up all bowtech

Comment

Blowtech at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Yep, mine came unmanufactured on me twice. Warrantied both times... second time, I just let warranty fix it and sold it as a like new bow... I loved the bow and shot it well, but that was it for me and Bowtech... My first modern wheelie cam bow was a Mathews switchback and it was about a week old when it had a splinter of glass start to separate from the rest of the limb... Bow Zone switched those limbs out and that was the last time I had an issue with the various Mathews coming unmanufactured... I'm shooting Mathews again.
                ... I don't think they make a bow fast enough to blow up

Comment

Happened to me 25' up a tree with a Bowtech Guardian while drawing back on a hog a few years ago. Scared the **** out of me!

Comment

Yours doesn't qualify as 'blowed up'. Just failing

Comment

I have a Bowtech Insanity and Experience and I have never had any problems with either bow.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        What happened to the limbs before this set?
                        Replacements for the defective finish they applied on the first set that peeled.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                          **it happens.
                          No bow manufacturer is immune.
                          If you are original buyer, the warranty will take care of you.
                          If you bought used, ......Oh Well
                          I don't have a whole lot of archery experience, but every time I've seen one "blow up", derail, etc...there was a person involved with a draw board, a scale, a press, a ridiculous grip/torque, dry fire, etc...and every time, it was the result of something the person had done wrong. . Not once have I entered the shop and seen one "blown up" from just hanging there. Lol!!

Just my personal experience. I'm sure they just blow up on their own sometimes.
                          Last edited by Fishndude; 03-19-2016, 08:20 AM.

Comment

I don't have a whole lot of archery experience, but every time I've seen one "blow up", derail, etc...there was a person involved with a draw board, a scale, a press, a ridiculous grip, dry fire, etc...and every time, it was the result of something the person had done wrong. . Not once have I entered the shop and seen one "blown up" from just hanging there. Lol!!

This I have totally agree with everything typed

Comment

You think bows blow up today. Try shooting a magnesium riser bow at a 30" draw 80#'s with a 25" 2013 with a 125 grain NIBB point at the beginning of 3D tournaments in the early 90's. Saw many a Pearson Spoiler, High Country, Hoyt and PSE not break limbs but break risers clean in half. These bows were litterally dry fired each time the were shot but were also shot within IBO rules. 80#'s + or - 2#'s with at least a 125 grain point on your arrow! Those were the rules.

Comment

I don't have a whole lot of archery experience, but every time I've seen one "blow up", derail, etc...there was a person involved with a draw board, a scale, a press, a ridiculous grip/torque, dry fire, etc...and every time, it was the result of something the person had done wrong. . Not once have I entered the shop and seen one "blown up" from just hanging there. Lol!!
                                Very true but I have seen one come apart hanging on a hook in my old shop simply because the person did not change the string and the string finally gave up the ghost at the point where the caliper release attached to the string. Saw many more taken out of soft or hard case ehere the same thing happened. Those in the case probably got a little to warm👍

Comment

Working...
                                X