Flir Thermosight Pro PTS233

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flir Thermosight Pro PTS233

I’m looking at getting into the thermal game on a relatively low budget. Do any of y’all have experience with the Flir Thermosight Pro PTS233?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a great entry level thermal but if you can......save a little more and get a Pulsar Trail XQ38

Comment

What csmith936 said!

Comment

I love mine!
        I understand that it’s an entry level model, and I’m ok with that. I wanted to make sure that this is something that I would really get into and do well with, so far, I am. I have plans to sell this one(later) and get into a trail or possible REAP IR.

Comment

It’s a good little scope. You’ll be happy with it as long as long as you never look through a more expensive scope. I’ve got a pts233 and a pulsartrail xq38. The pulsar image is wayyy better. I’d save for a trail xq38 or try to find an apex(same image quality as the trails). Word on the street is Jason at outdoorlegacy gear might have a few new in box apex’s

Comment

I have one, I like it alot. If you plan on hunting alot I'd take the advice above. If you are just an occasional weekend warrior like myself, it is hard to justify something that cost more (at least for me anyways).

Comment

The PTS233 is a great little optic for the money. If you're taking the majority of your shots under 100 yards and all your shots under 175-200 yards, then it will do you fine. The (conservative) positive ID range is 175-200 yards but you'll be able to spot animals a very long ways away, but probably not get a positive ID.

Another scope to consider is the Pulsar Core RXQ30V for $1,899. It's a nearly identical image quality and magnification and the new black and white display on the RXQ is a nice improvement. If you want to record video, buy the PTS233, if you don't care about it, save some money and buy the RXQ30V.

There is no question the Pulsar Trails have better image quality but you're looking at a $1,100 price jump to the least expensive Trail, the XQ38. If you're just looking to get started, I think the PTS233 or RXQ30V are excellent options.

I've got a whole lot of all the models mentioned in stock if you'd like to talk. Feel free to give me a call and I can answer any questions you've got.

Also, as Kkp005 mentioned, I did luck into a treasure trove of Apexes but they all sold within a few days and they'll most likely never be seen again since they went out of production in Dec. 2018.

Jason

Comment

I've had a PTS233 for about 2 months, I love it. Tried an ATN first, had nothing but trouble. Battery usage is high, I added a battery pack to mine and it'll run all night.

Comment

Anyone else recommending the Pulsar RXQ30V over the Flir PTS233?

Comment

For customer service alone I’d go Pulsar.

Comment

I think tha Thermosight is what I looked through a couple weeks ago. I thought it was pretty dern good, but I was looking through it during the daytime. That said, I bought a Pulsar Apex XQ50 almost 2 yrs ago and love that thing!

Comment

I don't regret getting the Flir PTS233 but after dealing with Flir's customer service I wish I had just saved my money and got a slightly higher end pulsar. Pulsar's customer service is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by LMiz View Post
                          Anyone else recommending the Pulsar RXQ30V over the Flir PTS233?
                          Can't comment on the Flir......

But, for the money I don't know how you beat the pulsar rxq30

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Comment

Love the pts233 but as has been said, the service at FLIR is horrible. They don't want civilian customers. I called for a firmware update and a guy by the name of Kevin was a complete ***hole to me. Talked to me with vitriol in his voice from the beginning. Acted like i was a terrorist or something. I was polite in return but he never let up. I won't buy anything FLIR again unless I hear they make a complete 180 in their attitude towards customers. Which I think is unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by TSE View Post
                              I won't buy anything FLIR again unless I hear they make a complete 180 in their attitude towards customers. Which I think is unlikely.
                              Same. Pulsar will have my business as long as their product and customer service stays the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X