No announcement yet.

Kitchen knife set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece Forged Knife Block Set, Tempered Glass Block https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IBU9FW...QrT8Db194G0GSi. I’ve been really happy with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I completely agree with the idea of building your own set. I have four Wusthoff Classic Ikon knives and I absolutely love them. Feel great in your hand, hold an edge very well, and they are built for quality.

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post
      Been rolling with a Chicago cutlery set for a while now. That and a worksharp sharpener can’t be beat for the money. Could afford more but can’t justify it.
      I wouldn't touch a work sharp to my expensive kitchen knives. I would rather keep my "V" edge on them instead of a convex edge.

Comment

I just replaced my 15 yr old caphalons. I went with the wusthof urban farmer series. I bought em individually on ebay. Then purchased a wusthof block to match em. They came last week and man they are nice. Def no complaints. We re at that 15 yr mark w our stuff. Replaced caphalon pots and pans too. We went with all clad d5 stainless. Nice stuff also.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
          I completely agree with the idea of building your own set. I have four Wusthoff Classic Ikon knives and I absolutely love them. Feel great in your hand, hold an edge very well, and they are built for quality.

I wouldn't touch a work sharp to my expensive kitchen knives. I would rather keep my "V" edge on them instead of a convex edge.
          To each their own man.

Comment

Originally posted by Muygrande View Post
            This 100%. Buy a knife block and start off with a good forged chefs knife. You can add as needed but a good chef knife will take care of most kitchen work. Wusthof is my favorite but all the brands above are top notch. Knives are another “buy once cry once” item.
            I did the buy" once cry once" and bought the Shun Hiro SG2 8" chef knife. They had it reduced to $300 and you get a $30 gift card as well. I figured it would be a good start and build up my own collection. Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by cominahead View Post
              Cutco knives. Lifetime investment. Lifetime replace and sharpen. Great blocks with full sets.
              This^^, have had a set for 20+ years, Think we paid $700

Comment

I have a small chef in AEBL I can ship out before Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m looking for a steak knife set.

Comment

Cutco.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post

The Ikons are awesome! We had a cheaper Wusthof set for years, and I’ve been slowly replacing them with the Ikons. I agree with build your own, you really don’t need that many.

Op, I see you’re in Granbury, go up to House of Blades in FW. They are always nice and really know their stuff. Definitely don’t mind spending a little more in a brick and mortar with those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                        We have a set of J. A. Heckles that we got for a wedding gift almost 20 years ago that are still just as good as the day we first got them
                        I can attest....J A Henckels set rec'd as wedding gift 25 years ago and still awesome!

Comment

Cutco are great but spencive...But last forever and great guarantee..

All above named are Quality too.

Comment

We have a set of cutco knifes as well as Rada knifes and honestly I like the Rada’s better and they were a whole lot cheaper. I will say the cutco set has a cheese knife that we use a lot, the best in the set. I also bought a cutco filet knife and it’s probably the best I’ve had.

I have a buddy that has a set of Dexters and they seem to be really good, I liked them a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnBoy View Post
                              We have a set of cutco knifes as well as Rada knifes and honestly I like the Rada’s better and they were a whole lot cheaper. I will say the cutco set has a cheese knife that we use a lot, the best in the set. I also bought a cutco filet knife and it’s probably the best I’ve had.

I have a buddy that has a set of Dexters and they seem to be really good, I liked them a lot.

I still have a cutco butcher knife and kitchen Scissors my dad bought in 1970 can still cut a penny in half with the scissor
                              Last edited by airehead; 12-13-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Oops

Comment

Working...
                                X