Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will be down this weekend

Comment

35 degrees here this morning, misty and wind out of the north. Supposed to be close to mid 20's in the morning. Should be a good opening weekend though acorns are heavy in some areas of the county.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

We will be headed down Friday, just hunting the weekend though. We do our week long trip over Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
          Going to have a great moon with great weather. Who all headed out?
          Be at the ranch by noon Friday. This will be the best opener hunting conditions that we have had in many, many years... Should be good.. Bucks were already scraping heavily and chasing.. This weather will make it interesting... The Acorns are super thick though.. Going to be fun though..

Comment

Rollin in Friday early afternoon.
            Getting pumped.

Comment

Headed out early Friday morning....can’t wait to see what shows up.

Comment

For those who haven't been recently- there is a new fueling station on the east side of town called Bowie's.

It's a pretty big place, reminds me of the Fuel max's style stations. If memory serves they sell Valero fuel. Their diesel price was "good enough" when I went.

They have side pumps for big rigs or trucks with trailers and food offerings inside.

Gonna put a dent in the other fueling station incomes, but hopefully competition will create a small price war to keep things more towards normal prices.

Comment

Deer movement has really picked up at our ranch north of Brady in the past week. I’ve seen several bucks chasing does. One of our neighbors son killed a 9 point that’ll go close to 140 running a doe Sunday. It should be a great opening weekend.

Comment

Menard/Mason/Brady 2019-2020 season

My 13 yr old son was able to stick his first buck last weekend just east of Mason. He was super excited and even told me the next day it was the funnest thing he’s ever done. Pretty proud of him as he did it all by himself. He weighed just under 170, which for the place is pretty hefty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Moose; 10-31-2019, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                      My 13 yr old son was able to stick his first buck last weekend just east of Mason. He was super excited and even told me the next day it was the funnest thing he’s ever done. Pretty proud of him as he did it all by himself. He weighed just under 170, which for the place is pretty hefty.

Nice , Congrats- durn near maxed out your scale!

Comment

Awesome buck and perfect shot!

Comment

Never got much rain yesterday, primarily mist and light sprinkle. 27 degrees, clear and no wind this morning. Reports of bucks chasing does from across most of the county. Should be a great weekend and hope to see you guys at the Hunter's Blowout.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

Congrats to your son, enjoy those memories, kids grow up way to fast

Comment

Back in stand for the first time in two weeks and what a difference. Saw 11 bucks and they were definitely in the chase stage, maybe pre-rut but they were all in. stand-offs, making scrapes, snort wheeze, grunts, they did it all. Three hours of non stop action. North of Mason
                              Last edited by 12thman; 10-31-2019, 06:58 PM. Reason: add

Comment

That’s an outstanding buck - good memories there for sure. Congrats to y’all!

Comment

Working...
                                X