• Show
Clear All

Can Am Defender PM justin spies

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Do you have the Yamaha Viking now?
      Yes

Comment

Back in 2018 I checked out all 3 you listed above. I easily decided on the mule pro fxt after test driving all three. Quiet, super smooth, and top speed of 45 mph is more than I'll ever need offroad. At first I thought I would take the doors off as soon as I brought it home, but Ive actually come to love the doors on the mule. Its nice to be able to ride around barefoot in tall grass or just throw gear into the backseat/floorboard and not worry about losing anything. Now that I have doors I cant imagine living without them.

The mule definitely wont be winning any awards at your local mud bog, but its got enough get up to get you through most any terrain. Ive personally never been stuck, but I try to avoid extreme muddy conditions.
        Last edited by CentexRancher; 06-01-2019, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Had my fxt for 3 years or so now and not one problem at all. Not the fastest but I didnt buy it for speed. Smooth quite and dependable. We use it ever day and abuse the hell out of it. My BIL traded his fxt in for a new ranger boy is he already regretting that decision 3 axles later and 1 sensor...its been in the shop almost longer than hes had it.

Comment

When at any sporting clays tournament, I see probably 7 out of 10 carts are Polaris Rangers.

Comment

We have all 3. Ranger is fastest and loudest. Can am is the smoothest and quietest. Mule pro fxt, is the slowest and tightest turning.

Can am is the best for sure. Most ergonomic, biggest, smoothest, quietest, and plenty fast. The mule has no bed in crew mode, and the back seat is not very comfortable for adults. Also, the aftermarket accessories are very limited on it.

Can am is a little more expensive, and warranty isnt as good as the Kawasaki, but they are also known for being very reliable. The motor in it is tried and true in some of their other machines.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ranger crew xp1000 won my vote 2 years ago. Only one with factory front and rear locking differentials is what pulled me to it. Mule pro fxt back seat was also too tight. I’m 6’5, dad is 6’3 and brother is 6’7. One of us is always in the back seat and the mule just wouldn’t cut it for longer rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We love our Mule 4010 Trans 4x4. Very nice to be able to change from 1 bench big bed to 2 bench small bed. It sometimes has idle issues and takes forever to warm up.

I just checked out the new Pro FXT. I'd buy that one if getting a new one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I looked at the Mule pro and the Ranger 2 years ago. I still have a 2006 ranger 6x6 that’s indestructible. I mean it’s been a beast. I chose the xp900 Ranger Crew cab this time. Love it.

Comment

Today I got to drive a can am defender hd10. Game over, it beats them all.

Comment

Polaris Ranger vs Can Am Defender vs Mule Pro

I’ve had the Polaris Crew ..... kept overheating so got rid of it.....Dealers kept changing out temp sensors and turned out radiator cap wasn’t sealing.

Next was Kawasaki Mule ProFXT .... very reliable but I put a lot of weight in my SxS’s. Did not have good ground clearance with a load so I lifted it. Lift kit caused the frame to twist and fail. If you want to see how a PROFXT carries a load just put 2 large guys in back seat and watch it sag.....at least my 2015 did....didn’t come close to carrying the specified max load without dragging (poor ground clearance.)

Just bought a CanAm HD10 Max Crew ..... it is stout..... have only had it about 2 mos. but everything about it seems heavier duty than the others but Polaris did carry the weight with very good ground clearance.

My original Kawasaki Mule (3010 I think) carries twice the weight of the ProFXT without dragging.

We’re in rough country so ground clearance and ability to carry 500-800# is very important for me.
                        Last edited by Caddo Creek; 06-01-2019, 10:09 PM.

Comment

I have enjoyed my Mule Pro.

Comment

if you run them like a scalded dog they will all have issues. also if you put a lot of hours on them too. I do all my own work and maintenance and always buy slightly used. the overheating issue on the Polaris was likely due to a faulty 20 amp circuit breaker. ive also had a coolant line get worn through alone the belly line. of course assorted axles and belts on most brands.

Comment

Nother vote for the mule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Brother in law lives in Willow, AK and runs the Can Am UTV. He likes the brand so well, he also has a Can Am ATV and two snow machines. They serve him well.

Comment

Working...
                                X